Help influence Episode 6!

slothian

Yes, you can help influence not only the film Pandy & I use as the joint review, but the homework we assign each other to plot the range of their career. As announced in Episode 4, our subject will be Samuel L. Jackson.

Pandy & I will take an executive decision on what makes the joint review on Sunday 6th April, so get your ideas in before then!

Shaft (2000), so Pandy can see Christian Bale as a villain. A Time to Kill so you can see that he can, indeed, act. And Die Hard: With a Vengeance because it's Die Hard: With a Vengeance.

I'd also suggest xXx, because he's playing a very Nick Fury-like character six years before Iron Man, but that's not really his movie.

Since you will choose a Tarantino Film for this episode, let's make no secret of that, may I suggest Jackie Brown instead of Pulp Fiction? He has a much meater role and I think it's a better indicator of him as an actor.

As tempting as Snakes on a Plane would be, Black Snake Moan works better for a Jacks-ploitation film. I'll agree with Mike on Shaft thought Unbreakable is a personal favorite.

I second A Time to Kill. It's one of those rare times he actually puts in a performance instead of playing himself as a Jedi/Computer programmer/hitman/vigilante.

I wouldn't mind Die Hard with a Vengeance as the presumably joint film, since it's Jackson in a joint leading role of a major franchise. It's tough to find a lot of films where he's a major player in a movie, even stuff like Pulp Fiction is so much more of an ensemble piece. Then again you don't want to be just stuck with Shaft and Black Snake Moan.

Oh oh oh! This is finally Ian's chance to watch Unbreakable. Yeah, if you have to look at a Willis/Jackson film, I'd take Unbreakable over DHWAV and Pulp Fiction just in the hope that you'd find more to say about it.

Loaded Weapon 1 is a pretty good shout as it's pre Pulp Fiction Jackson. There aren't many films before Pulp Fiction where he has a leading role. If you want to have a Tarrantino film where he also puts in an acting performance I'd suggest Django Unchiained. Although that might be worth saving for when you do a Leanardo Di Caprio episode.

I think we're all overlooking the obvious: The Spirit.

Yes! Ian should definitely watch The Spirit.

The thing is, The Spirit is being saved for a segment called "Pulp Diction" which I do with.....Dave "Mr Mockery" Probert and Michael "The Master" Sims.

....what are the chances?!?

Die Hard with a Vengeance is one of the greatest action movies of all time and has terrific acting across the board, but IDK if it works for a Sam Jack showcase. Unbreakable might be a wiser option, as that's the polar opposite of DH3. Both star Willis and Jackson, but there's very little action and it's inexorably slow.