Suggestions thread

Missy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would actually be really interested to see you discuss, like, super successful movies.

Star Wars

Indiana Jones

Animal House

The Wizard of Oz

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Ghostbusters

Also Flash Gordon. The 1980 version is great for what it is, but before I die, I want to see a really good Flash Gordon movie.

The sad part is most of the really good horror franchises have already been remade. Oh well:

Scream

Big Business

Pretty in Pink

Home Alone

Masters of the Universe

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Police Academy

West Side Story

Dr. No

Cabaret

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Showgirls (C'mon, I had to, okay?)

I don't care which, but some movie needs to be remade as an All Ryan Reynolds Spectacular. One where Reynolds is cast in each and every role. "Terms of Endearment: Night of 1,000 Ryans!"

The Klumps 8- The one where Eddie Murphy was busy: Starring Ryan Reynolds as everyone!

X-Men- the only ones I foresee you having trouble with are Professor X and Magneto, as Stewart and McKellan were near-perfect in those roles. All the others can be improved upon.

Looking forward to the podcast, but have to admit that I'm kinda dreading you covering (translation: potentially tearing to bits) Jurassic Park, since as a lifelong (but largely closeted) dinosaur enthusiast as it's one of my favorite films despite the inaccuracies, since it changed forever how the world views dinosaurs. Just don't recast the T. rex--it's still the scariest dinosaur known to science.

The Godfather

Casablanca

Yankee Doodle Dandy (could be a more accurate portrayl of Cohan)

The Graduate

Public Enemy

Angels With Dirty Faces

Little Caeser

From Here To Enternity

Guys and Dolls (I'm surprised actually this hasn't been remade as it gets revived often)

Pride of The Yankees (ditto with the Yankee Doodle Dandy only with Gehrig)

Here's a challenge for you: Weekend at Berny's.

Oddly enough, Weekend at Bernie's was one of the first movies we ever spoke about recasting, and that was long before the idea for the show ever existed. We were just doing it for fun over dinner. Having watched it tonight, however, yikes! Not only do we have to recast the movie, but we have to rewrite it, 'cause this is one hell of a mess! I'm not sure what episode it will be, but I assume we'll record a Weekend at Bernie's episode within the first five shows.

I know this suggestion will immediately be shot down, given that you've sworn it would never get any more lip-service on this website, but given that the show will sometimes remake movies that had potential but blew it, I must humbly suggest Saw.

Other suggestions:

Bladerunner

Doctor Who (1996)

Fantastic Four

The Great Escape

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

North by Northwest

The Sound of Music

I know this suggestion will immediately be shot down, given that you've sworn it would never get any more lip-service on this website, but given that the show will sometimes remake movies that had potential but blew it, I must humbly suggest Saw.

The only reason I'm saying no is because I cannot ask Shana to watch Saw. In good conscience, I just can't.

Fantastic Four

There's a slight chance we'll be watching this tonight, actually. ;)

And now I feel the need to watch Weekend At Bernie's again.....

Now don't do anything drastic!

Recast every Bond film - I double dare you!

As long as you feel it isn't stepping on your toes, I do see us recasting the parts of M and Bond maybe around the time Skyfall is released.

Fantastic Four

There's a slight chance we'll be watching this tonight, actually. ;)

I think the major roles that need redoing are Sue and Doom. Evans & Chiklis were perfectly cast and even though he isn't lauded, I think Ioan Gruffud is fine as Reed Richards. Even if he is Welsh.

I've only seen the film once, and I was drinking at the time. I found it perfectly amiable in my state, but I could do with watching it sober just to firm up my opinions. If nothing else, the concept is nicely dark.

Recast every Bond film - I double dare you!

As long as you feel it isn't stepping on your toes, I do see us recasting the parts of M and Bond maybe around the time Skyfall is released.

Your show sounds like a totally different gimmick, so I don't see how it would be treading on FYEO's toes. If Adham says otherwise, just remember that he's a blathering lunatic!

Weekend at Bernie's gets a terrible rap. I truly feel that it's the quintessential "carrying around a dead guy and pretending he's still alive" movie.

Weekend at Bernie's gets a terrible rap. I truly feel that it's the quintessential "carrying around a dead guy and pretending he's still alive" movie.

Dan, you need to know this: I absolutely love you!

Also: Post of the Day! :bowdown:

Dan, you need to know this: I absolutely love you!

Feeling is mutual, boss. :cool:

I don't think anyone went into that movie expecting great things. We were told that it had Captain Mannequin and The Single Guy dragging a corpse around a beach, and by thunder, that's what we got