Sign in to follow this  
slothian

The All-Purpose Flickchart thread

Mental note: Gareth/no-one trusts the opinions of Venneh or Stavros. I will make sure these poisonous characters don't try to sway me in constructing my movie opinions!

Just remember that going by that logic, my saying that the Spirit is the worst movie ever means that it's the best movie ever. *trollface*

Haha, to be fair I made up my mind before I read their posts. Here's my reasoning:

Let me first say that Citizen Kane is a wonderfully directed film, but it's very much a director's film. I remember it by it's incredible cinematography, well constructed mystery, and historical subtext. I definitely wouldn't call it a cold shell of a movie but I don't remember it having any particular emotional impact on me.

Miracle on 34th Street on the other hand it a movie that George Seaton and Edmund Gwenn along with many others poured their heart and soul into to create a beautiful, heartfelt, Christmasy, classic film. I would never decide to watch Kane over this if they were both on. It's easily my favorite Christmas film with the possible exception of The Polar Express.

Fair enough Gareth, just don't trust Ian "the Leicester Well-poisoner" Wilson on his assessment of our movie knowledge, he's a noted character assassin.

Fair enough Gareth, just don't trust Ian "the Leicester Well-poisoner" Wilson on his assessment of our movie knowledge, he's a noted character assassin.

You will die a peasant's death, Hemmings. Much like those who drank from my well....

Ooh Matron!

A few here:

Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan vs. Man of Steel

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective vs. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Ferris Bueller's Day Off vs. Constantine

The Quick and the Dead vs. Face/Off

Maybe I need to see it again (it's been a few years), but I just couldn't get into Escape from New York.