Sign in to follow this  
slothian

The All-Purpose Flickchart thread

I've just rewatched The Godfather and it's up to #7 on my chart, so I may need to watch this "Rebel" filmamyjig...

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind vs Marvel's Avengers

Princess Bride by a mile. Basterds is amazing, but Princess is and will forever be an all-time classic. Besides, I feel like the things that make Basterds great are also present in other Tarantino films, while Princess is rather unique.

Saw vs. The Phantom Menace. (I went with Saw.)

The Searchers vs. A Fistful of Dollars (I'm still stuck on this one.)

That is tough. The Searchers is one of the greatest westerns by THE director of westerns. Fistful of Dollars remade a film by one of cinema's greatest directors and created multiple icons in the western genre. I don't know who to give it to.

I eventually went with The Searchers. I wish I had a better answer than my gut said to. I could claim it's because Searchers has an original story, or how the damning obsession of Ethan Edwards is what makes him so human, but I fear it's because although I'm a western fanboy, first and foremost, I'm a a John Wayne fanboy.

That said, The Good The Bad and The Ugly likely would have won, because that film is perfect.

Searchers, although the combo of it being the introduction to cinema film in my course plus it being a film I share with my Dad probably prods my bias.