The Defenders

Molly

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remain skeptical about Netflix focusing its attention on original content while continuing to provide its primary service; I fear one (or both) will suffer if they branch out too fast. However, to date, it seems to be working for them.

As for this announcement: If it opens a new avenue for superhero dramas, and is a place where smaller superheroes and comic character can be brought to the masses, I am all for it.

I hope this means they will be more adult oriented.

When it comes to Jessica Jones, I'm hoping so hard for a gritty, dirty detective series.

I hope this means they will be more adult oriented.

When it comes to Jessica Jones, I'm hoping so hard for a gritty, dirty detective series.

It depends on if they do the sensible thing and do Alias, or do the insane thing and do Jewel.

It depends on if they do the sensible thing and do Alias, or do the insane thing and do Jewel.

I wouldn't mind a look at her fucked up past as Jewel, but if this series isn't about her detective agency, they'll have messed up big time.

THE FUCK THE YES!!! That's LITERALLY the best case scenario. PUMPED!

For me, "best case" is still HBO, Showtime, or FX, but I do hope Netflix and Disney push the envelope here.

Frank Castle *needs* to be an antagonist here. Fucking *needs*.

I could not agree more. I cannot express how much I want to see a hardcore, bloody brawl between Frank and Matt.

THE FUCK THE YES!!! That's LITERALLY the best case scenario. PUMPED!

For me, "best case" is still HBO, Showtime, or FX, but I do hope Netflix and Disney push the envelope here.

Between House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and Arrested Development I'd say they've made shows precisely in the style of HBO, Showtime and FX respectively. Netflix can certainly go as hard as a Marvel series would require.

The Punisher would be the perfect runner throughout a series of gritty, street-level characters.

And The Defenders as a team of street-level heroes (i.e., Heroes for Hire) makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE than the idea of a team of Doctor Strange, the Hulk, and the Silver Surfer, which would not work at all on screen (and arguably doesn't work in the comics). Sort of a "Let the Avengers handle the alien invaders, we'll protect people from serial kilers and urban vigilantes" sort of thing.

• 4 weeks later...