The Defenders

Molly

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that looks great. Those lines spoken to the priest were written word for word by my friend Greg Lamberson in his early 90s film UNDYING LOVE, so that was funny.

I like that we don't see Kingpin. I'd like to keep it that way. Deborah Ann Woll gets my viewership regardless of what she's in, because hot. Also...STICK!

• 2 weeks later...

Three new talents have today been announced as part of the cast of Netflix’s second upcoming Marvel series, “Marvel’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones.” Look for Eka Darville (“Empire,” “The Originals”), Erin Moriarty (The Kings of Summer, “True Detective”) and Wil Traval (“Red Window,” Primal) to join the series, set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Taking place after a tragic ending to her short-lived Super Hero stint, the series follows Jessica Jones (“Breaking Bad” and “Don’t Trust the B- in Apt. 23″ star Krysten Ritter) as she rebuilds her personal life and career as a detective who gets pulled into cases involving people with extraordinary abilities in New York City.

Darville will play Malcolm, described as “a neighbor of Jessica’s whose own journey will intertwine with her quest in a surprising way.”

“Eka brings such depth, humor and nuanced performance to the characters he plays, which makes him the perfect person to portray Malcolm,” says Executive Producer Melissa Rosenberg. “I’m looking forward to seeing what he will bring to this role.”

Although far from confirmed, it’s possible that the character is Malcolm Drake, a minor “Heroes for Hire” character from the late 1990s. The net is far wider for Traval’s unnamed character, however, described as being “an NYPD cop who takes ‘protect and serve’ very seriously.”

“Wil Traval is a very emotionally courageous actor, able be profoundly vulnerable, or venal, or funny or fierce,” Rosenberg continues. “I’ve been searching for an opportunity to work with both Erin and Wil again, and am excited to see them in these roles.”

Moriarty’s role, meanwhile, is said to be a young girl named Hope “who becomes a client of Alias Investigations.”

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/411553-three-more-join-marvels-a-k-a-jessica-jones

• 2 weeks later...