Suggestions of shows we could cover.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It actually isn't, but I'm sure it can be added on. I've heard it's quite good.

EDIT: Although doesn't this new series push it into the 3 series territory, and therefore outside of our remit?

Edited by slothian

I've just finished watching Twin Peaks, and would love to hear you guys' take on it. I think the renaissance of the show could give you an interesting spin on the format - should it have been cancelled and should it have been revived? Surely what happens now can't be what was originally going to happen?

In other news I'm hoping to feed back on Crime Traveller - I think I suggested it way back so I feel slightly responsible. Also hoping Strange is on your radar? Ex-priest goes demon hunting with Samantha Janus!

Strange is indeed on the spreadsheet - "Demon Hunting with Samantha Janus" sounds like a programme on one of those niche freeview channels.

It may be that we have to kick off 2016 with Twin Peaks so that it's still a 2 series show before the third series starts. Heck, we could be a primer for series 3!

As for Crime Traveller - I haven't heard from Dave ever since he bought the DVD, which I'm guessing has acted as his own Lemarchand's Puzzle Back and he's been pulled in by demonic hooks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I watched every single episode of Cop Rock when it was on, because it always seemed to find a way to plumb new depths of "What the everlasting fuck is happening now?" The very first episode opened with a really gritty, violent, exciting drug bust that heralded another really amazing police show from Steven Bochco, and then all of a sudden THEY'RE RAPPING WHY ARE PEOPLE RAPPING

I do remember seeing a couple of episodes of Cop Rock. We may have to visit it just to see how Ian processes it.

You assume I'm in the Ian Position when it comes to watching Cop Rock!

.....I am in the Ian Position when it comes to watching Cop Rock.

• 2 months later...

Kindred the Embraced was a series of questionable quality that aired for a single season of 8 episodes on Fox in the mid-90s. It's about Vampire politics in San Fransisco and has some truly special special effects. It's also based off of the Role-Playing game, Vampire: The Masquerade so I guess it had that going for it. Just... don't use it to decide on your larping character.

Kindred the Embraced was a series of questionable quality that aired for a single season of 8 episodes on Fox in the mid-90s. It's about Vampire politics in San Fransisco and has some truly special special effects. It's also based off of the Role-Playing game, Vampire: The Masquerade so I guess it had that going for it. Just... don't use it to decide on your larping character.

Oh, man. I was pretty big into Vampire: The Masquerade back then, and I wanted to like that show SO BAD.

What, beacuse Toland & Ackerman want it??? You do know they have it in for me, don't you?

Oh please, Ian. If I was truly out to get you, I would have mentioned the 2-season series Baywatch Nights, the Baywatch spin-off where David Hasslehoff was a detective for the first season and fought the forces of evil in the second.

Oh wait, I just did. Ooops.

What, beacuse Toland & Ackerman want it??? You do know they have it in for me, don't you?

Oh please, Ian. If I was truly out to get you, I would have mentioned the 2-season series Baywatch Nights, the Baywatch spin-off where David Hasslehoff was a detective for the first season and fought the forces of evil in the second.

Oh wait, I just did. Ooops.

Or, perhaps, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Aaron Sorkin's season-long argument as to how terrible sketch comedy is the most important thing on the planet, with special attention paid to fathers yelling at their sons about Afghanistan.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...