Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

JackFetch

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She's thin as a rail. Bad choice for an Amazon warrior.

She's not even filming the damn role yet. Christ.

But we know what she looks like. It's not like she's going to change drastically. We all know what WW is supposed to look like, and we all know this isn't it. Quit acting like it's not going to be a problem. Chris Pratt worked out and lost weight. Anyone can do that, especially if you have the body frame for it. She's built like a waif runway model, not a warrior, and she never will be.

You could just say she's Isreali. They're all post military.

Much as I hate to embroil myself in either side of this body image debate, I do think it likely that she'll get some more tone on those arms and the Snyder, for all his faults, has cast her with an advantageous visual style in mind.

Also Hannah, to respond to those pictures in order-

Makeup

Psycho

Makeup

Looks like that anyway, he only gains weight for Parks and Rec.

But her powers are still physical, even moreso than with Superman, who is sometimes explained as having tactile-TK abilities. The way she is now (half god half amazon), she's like an even more powerful Hercules.

Not saying that Gadot can't play WW effectively; we haven't even seen her act as the character yet, let alone try to make the physical screen presence work.

Whilst I'm obviously a Whedon fan, I do think the whole 95lb girl beating up huge guys looks silly most of the time. I tend to think of WW as the female equivalent of Steve Rogers, someone in peak athletic condition. Now that doesn't mean she has to become a bodybuilder but I'd be looking for someone physically in the range between Jessica Ennis or Gina Carano. In fact if Gina Carano could act she would be Wonder Woman by miles for me. But it's not like they're stuck for athletic looking women in the hollywood talent pool, Jessica Biel etc.

Oh god I'm stuck in the body image debate. Help me.

• 1 month later...

Probably a good idea. Self imposed deadlines are a crappy way to imagineer a movie unless like Marvel you have some sort of well structured schedule. Looks like Disney is going to destroy 2015. Seriously, between Avengers and Star Wars they're going to account for like 50% of mainstream boxoffice.

Looking at that year their only competition is a new Jurassic Park, FatF7, another Hunger Games and a Bond movie, none of which are lightweights but come on, Disney has it wrapped up. They never need to risk a Lone Ranger again.