Sign in to follow this  
JackFetch

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Chalk me up on the "Superman killed thousands through recklessness" side. I was pretty sickened as I was watching that whole thing.

Like I said before, I fall a little more on the other side, but what's inarguable is that it's entirely too unclear. Tons of lives were lost and Superman wasn't able to make good on Jor-El's "you can save all of them" promise.

It's been ages since I watched it but wasn't there a big space pulsation machine that did a lot of killing?

It did a lot of terraforming, the shocks of which and atmospheric change would have resulted in a lot of killing. Still, I work on the general basis that Stavros is wrong (except when we agree on things) and go from there.

On topic: I can see why Jesse Eisenberg sounds like a leftfield choice for Luthor, but I think your (a general "you", not Pandy) opinion on the casting will betray what your overall views on the film are. If you're down on the idea of Batman/other prominent DC characters being the film, chances are you hate this casting and it stokes the fire of WB/DC not knowing what the hell they're doing. If you're cautiously optimistic/not a negative nancy about the film, I doubt the casting will affect your views.

I am never optimistic about live action WB/DC films. My default position has always been that they will be a disappointment in some - or many - ways.

I am however always optimistic about Marvel movies.

It's been ages since I watched it but wasn't there a big space pulsation machine that did a lot of killing?

Again, I'm more referring to the Superman vs Zod fight where he'd rather punch Zod through a building than save anyone.

This is quickly moving into clusterfuck territory. You can't introduce the whole damn universe through cameos in one movie. Had they gotten Superman even a little right, I'd be a lot more upbeat, but they're legitimately just throwing characters in at this point to catch up with Marvel.

Confirmed already, we have Superman, Batman, Luthor, Lois, Cyborg, and Wonder Woman, plus The Rock and Khal Drogo in unspecified roles. Am I alone in thinking this is getting to be a bit much?

They're dashing for a JL movie in 2016 as I understand it, they're going full tilt because they don't have much of a plan.

I think Khal Drogo is the villain who will be fighting Superman (right?), so I don't mind his casting or The Rock's to be honest.

Dude, I love both Mamoa and Rock, but there is just a bunch of crazy stuff happening with all of these characters. It just feels oversaturated.

Just on my way here to post that. It's straight from Zack Snyder's twitter page, so it's official. He teases that he'll reveal the whole thing tomorrow.

EDIT:
Reposting the image so it'll be on this thread page:

BncsTOSCYAAl99e.jpg

I like the costume except for the giant fat DKR bat symbol. It always looked goofy to me.

That batmobile looks epic, though, from what we can see of it.