Episode 131

RSS

The Doctor and Craig beat the Cybermen with love ("Closing Time"), and The Doctor and River Song save all of time with a kiss ("The Wedding of River Song"). However, before discussing those two stories, Dan and Mike open the show with a brief chat about "The Day of the Doctor," they read a solid defense of Victoria Waterfield, and they have a look at the five minisodes that fall under the Night and The Doctor umbrella. Following all that, they close the show by having an exceptionally difficult time ranking the episodes of the sixth modern season. [ 30:20 || 14.9 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_131.mp3

I dunno if I agree with Dan that this wasn't a good season. It's certainly uneven, not being as consistent as the previous season. I the second half I like quite a bit. "A Good Man Goes to War", "Let's Kill Hitler", "The Girl Who Waited", "The God Complex" were episodes that really sold me on Matt Smith, as I wasn't fully warmed up to him throughout season 5. I agree that lesser episodes were interspersed throughout, but I dunno if they weighed the season down as heavily as let's say season 3.

• 2 weeks later...