Episode 01: Jim Carrey

RSS

Ian Wilson unites with his brother Andy Wilson to bring you the first episode in a podcast series looking at three films of any given actor. The first actor in the glare of Hey, an Actor! is rubber-faced comedian and part-time acting heavyweight Jim Carrey. From the dramatic oeuvre shown in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, to the hybrid comedy / drama of I Love You Phillip Morris, and the all-out exaggerated comedy of Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, the Brothers Wilson deal with a man who embodies the notion of swinging between the sublime and the ridiculous. Pandy also declares the greatest depiction of love in all of cinema, and forces Ian to break out the editing bleeps already. Not even Adham Fisher managed that. [ 1:51:06 || 47.1 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/heyanactor/episodes/heyanactor_001.mp3

I adore the concept of this podcast, and you two executed it wonderfully! You went in-depth when needed, but kept the show flowing rather naturally, all while allowing yourself time to gush and joke throughout. Obviously you two have a real-life chemistry, and it shows in this episode, but I'm excited to see how it reshapes and grows as the show itself develops over time.

As for Jim Carrey: While I'm glad he still takes the occasional meaty role, it does break my heart that he's mostly reverted back to his old ways. He has exceptional range, but doesn't allow himself to demonstrate it enough.

Holy crap man, I LOVED this show! What a terrific idea, and the Brothers Wilson is a podcasting dream team! Cannot wait until the next one! Bravo gents!

My favorite line was when Pandy said "It's not really an argument, it's more one-sided. It's homophobic. Case in point: the film." That cracked me up :lol: