League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Draft

dc20willsave

It's been a few months so here goes. Let's draft out own versions of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Just like the Alan Moore comic, we're drafting our own groupings of misfits, super-spys, and horror survivors to save England/America/The World.

Couple of rules-

1. Your character are limited to being a character that exists within fiction whether that's novels, film, television, music, or comics. No real people unless it's a version of them that have been heavily fictionalized. Also, for that matter, let's try to keep away from the realm of Super-hero comics.

2. As an added challenge, try to keep a specific era. If you're going for a 90s sitcom League, then don't try to draft Emma Peel. Note, if you can come up with a creative way around things, go for it. Characters like Sherlock Holmes getting defrosted in the future for example. The challenge is only a limit to try to work around.

3. If a character is picked then they're out of selection. If you want Emma Peel and she's already been picked tough luck.
4. Turn order. Once everyone has signed up, I'm pulling out my one of trusty random number generators and randomizing turn order (in other words, I'm rolling dice). Since I figure this will be a slightly less competitive draft, no snakes or anything like that.
5. The first seven rounds will be character picks, followed by the initial villain of your first arc, and finally your title. If you want to go with a plot outline, then awesome. It's not required. You do not have to use all of your picks. You can pass at any time.
6. If the next person due to pick doesn't pick within 12hrs the next in line can go, but the person who missed their go can still make their pick any time after that.
7. If you're using a variation of a character outside of the traditional canon of that character, mention it. For example, if you're using Raiche from A Study in Emerald, come up with how he got out of a world where the great old ones aren't ruling the world. In addition, Holmes would still be off the table.
8. If you know you won't be able to make your pick within your 12 hours (ie, you'll be out of town for the weekend) message your pick and like two or three alternates in case your pick has been chosen. Better than coming back and finding your pick and all your alternates got picked up.

So, okay, if you're interested or have any ideas, just say. I'll post starting order on January 7th around 9 PM EST. If you join after that point, then you'll automatically start at the end of the line.

Order is as follows:

1.Dan

2.James D.

3. Stavros.

4. Rjoyadet

5. Slothian

6. Professor

7. Venneh

8. Shining Knight

9. Preston

10. You Know Who

11. dc20willsave

The spreadsheet is here.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea Will! I'm in. One thing I had to chuckle about:

2. As an added challenge, try to keep a specific era. If you're going for a 90s sitcom League, then don't try to draft Emma Peel.

There was a 90s sketch comedy series over here called The League of Gentleman, one of whom was Mark Gatiss.

Great idea Will! I'm in. One thing I had to chuckle about:

2. As an added challenge, try to keep a specific era. If you're going for a 90s sitcom League, then don't try to draft Emma Peel.

There was a 90s sketch comedy series over here called The League of Gentleman, one of whom was Mark Gatiss.

:doh: I had meant to type sketch comedy and my brain put in sitcom. Thanks for knowing what I was getting at though Ian.

One question, just to clarify: a character's default time period is determined by the story's setting, not necessarily date of publication, correct? For example, Zorro should go in the 1820s, not the 1920s, despite his novels being written in the later century.

That's unless you can come up with a really good story reason he should be doing his thing in the 20th century, of course.

Do I have that right?

It has been 12 hours. I apologise for this pick, and honestly I may kill him off in my first story arc but he's the basis for my whole concept. Now I can have characters from any reality!

Quinn Mallory- Sliders

tumblr_m2x8czAZHK1rrklkqo1_400.jpg

Man, this is the first time anyone's picked Jerry O'Connell first for anything isn't it.