The Flash

KnightWing

Oh totally. I think the writing has more room to improve. There are a lot of teamwork and friendship themed platitudes that get tossed around too cheesily, but it's a very likable show. Gustin's Barry Allen is a distinctively nice guy who tries to do the right thing. He doesn't feel like any other superhero that's been portrayed in the media before.

This gave me yet another reason to start watching Arrow, but I can't make the jump. I still don't like going from Chili-making, swashbuckling, liberal Ollie Queen to grim and gritty "THE ARROW" who lives in "Starling City". I know I should check my prejudices at the door and just give it a sot, but it's tough.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After finally catching the most recent episode, I'm left with one burning issue.

Are Wentworth Miller and Jensen Ackles related? Because they are fucking twins.

(Also, if Jensen Ackles can cameo as the ArrowFlashVerse Bruce Wayne, that would totally be okay.)

((Sammy can even be Clark Kent!))

The scene with Barry and Joe may be the most well acted scene in the show so far. Grant Gustin's really good, and the relationship between the two characters goes beyond young guy/old guy mentor/apprentice relationship. I'm sure Joe will be killed off before the series ends, but whenever that may happen it'll be a real hurt for the show because he's a really great character and they've earned investment in him.

...I really like Cisco...

Yeah, but you're wrong a lot.

Hah! Yeah, he lacks the dorkward charm that role needs. They were aiming for a Fitz from AoS or Marshall from Alias, a guy that's socially awkward but aware enough to try and compensate for it and from thence the humour arises. Instead they got this generic guy who says the wrong things in a way that's not at all charming.

...I really like Cisco...

Yeah, but you're wrong a lot.
Funny thing: as I posted that, I leaned over to a buddy of mine and said, "watch, any minute now a guy named Dan is going to reply and tell me I'm always wrong."

I didn't say you're always wrong. I said you're wrong a lot.

So... wrong.

You+need+to+login+to+view+this+link+_410

Greg Finley has a long career ahead of him playing douchebags.

I liked the bonding between Barry and Eddie, especially if Thawne is (a?) Reverse-Flash.

The unmasked bit was so dumb. Just stand in the shadows and feel good about your win. Don't reveal your secret identity to the super villain.

One of the things I love about this show is that they kill the codas every week. Even if an episode is lackluster, like this one, they know how to hook you to come back next week. I'm interested to see how they deal with this one, because Joe's gotta put together that he was attacked after talking to Wells.

Also, I'm going to have to start watching this at night so I can take a shot every time someone says "impossible".

Eddie gives Barry an Emperor Palpatine grin as he encourages him to punch harder. I'm feeling more and more sure all the time that he's Reverse Flash instead of Wells.

If Wells is Reverse Flash, it doesn't make a lot of sense, I think, for him to attack Joe only after Joe decided Wells was innocent. Though maybe Wells and Thawne are working together?