The Flash

KnightWing

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every week I keep getting excited because I think the show is back on, and every week I keep getting disappointed that I'm wrong again. That's the problem with every show being on at DVR o'clock.I have no idea when anything is really on.

Yeah I was pissed when that promo for the next few episodes came out and that it wasn't for the current week.

I had a dream where the 1990 Flash and the current Flash had a crossover...in a cinematic movie.

Generally my policy with The Flash is that I take my time getting dinner and whatnot so that at 7:15 or so I can start watching the episode on DVR and fast-forward through commercial breaks.

I work nights so I come home every day and check what is on the DVR. I don't even know what day some shows are on because I might not watch it for days afterwards.

So many thoughts.

-EOBARD THAWNE! The theory was right! Wells is Eobard from the future! Eddie is his ancestor!

-I can't believe I never thought of the Reverse Flash in the prison as being a hologram. That's so obvious it's crazy.

-Tom Cavanagh played an openly villainous villain so well. Even when he was straight-up monologuing it didn't feel silly or forced.

-That entire scene between Cisco and Wells(THAWNE!) was fantastic.

-Eddie already is openly angry about Iris's connection to Barry, even while he's still living with Iris. He's on the path to the dark side for sure.

-Even though the kiss was a bit quick, I think Barry's reveal of his powers ("sorry, peoples' lives are in danger, secret identity be damned") was amazing.

-They're Groundhog Daying it up next week, apparently. Since Barry didn't know about Cisco and Wells, I wonder how that will be affected?

-That entire scene between Cisco and Wells(THAWNE!) was fantastic.

I rag on Cisco, but Carlos Valdes acted his ass off in that scene. The crying was all his idea. And I've always liked Tom Cavanagh a lot, but he was

on in this one. "Forgive me, but to me you've been dead for centuries." Holy shit.

This is the only comic book show that acts like a comic book show. Arrow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. take themselves too seriously, and Constantine is a monster of the week show. The Flash is The Flash in tone and story. I haven't watched Gotham but it looks like a serious drama instead of a comic book show. I'm really looking forward to Supergirl if it's more like The Flash than Arrow.

Gotham is strange. It's for all intents and purposes a straight up police procedural show, but each episode has a couple of really strange, comic book-y moments that I don't even know how to describe really. The third episode featured a guy in a pig mask, killing people by attaching them to giant balloons.

Not as strong as last week's; solid enough. I like that they went the "universe correcting itself" way of time travel with all the echoes. Wentworth Miller still runs the show whenever he shows up, although I'm not sure where they went with him was the right move.

I'm just about cool with him knowing Flash's ID because I know he learns it in the comics, but I believe that's after Barry died. I don't sure for sure, but as long as it's simpatico in that way I'm down.

Not as one fire strong as last weeks, but honestly that's not saying too much against it. This was more "fun" and I'm really entertained by Grant Gustin as an actor. His miming after he left Cisco with Lisa was awesome. I thought to myself "Tom Welling would never have done that."

I find it slightly weird (but interesting) that Barry was willing to let Cold go so long as the Rogues didn't kill anyone. I would have thought it would be more sensible to put him in the prison (even despite the potential moral pitfall of that thing). Is Barry just supposed to trust that Cold will keep his word instead of killing other people? If he hadn't already killed in the past then it wouldn't be an issue, but now he's a wanted murderer, and Barry is a cop (kind of), and... he let him go? Hmm.

One thing I will say about Wells which is a bit of a slight on the writing is that he's gotta stop

killing everybody

. It really seems like leaving breadcrumbs for people to start investigate when folks go missing. He could just threaten them like he did Joe. If he would just handle things a bit nicer, people would never get suspicious.