The Flash

KnightWing

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Cavanaugh is a really good actor, but when they weren't showcasing his skills by having Wells be EEEVIL, I always thought he was never being given much to do. I won't mind seeing his mentor figure role nixed, because he was clearly chewing scenery once the cat was out of the bag, and loving every minute of it. I'm not missing the status quo shake-up.

Careful with those expectations. The going fan theory is that somehow the gang is going to do something to allow Wells's consciousness to take over Thawne's body. And that it may have already been partially doing so, considering how Wells does seem to have some legitimate goodness in him that doesn't feel particularly Reverse-Flashey.

And since we know Flash fights Reverse-Flash in the future (Wells/Thawne's past) anyway, we get to have our Wells mentor cake and eat our Thawne villain cake too.

I feel like that last metaphor went to a weird place.

Careful with those expectations. The going fan theory is that somehow the gang is going to do something to allow Wells's consciousness to take over Thawne's body. And that it may have already been partially doing so, considering how Wells does seem to have some legitimate goodness in him that doesn't feel particularly Reverse-Flashey.

Thawne is a very sick puppy in the comics, with a weird obsession with Barry Allen. He could do anything and it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm a pretty happy fan of psychic apes, thought they nailed the character at this stage. The CGI on Grodd was dodgy during the Joe scenes, but I thought it was pretty good during the fight with Barry. And once again, Jesse L. Martin walks away with the episode; dude was terrified. Only a little bit of Tom Cavanagh, but he's reveling in getting to be full-on evil. So hyped for next week.

Ditto. I loved how they played Grodd as shit-your-pants scary, and...AGAIN...Martin crushed it! I also like Candice Patton a lot in this too. She was written well and I'm happy with where they've taken Iris by this point in the season. Next week looks to be pretty tight. Reverse-Flash ring FTW!

Iris (the character, to be clear; NOT Candace Patton) has been the weak link in this series thus far. Up to this point absolutely goddamn everyone has been aware of Barry's secret identity and working together to keep Iris in the dark, because essentially her dad knows what's best for her. She hasn't been written well or given much in the way of agency. I really hope that changes quickly.

My only problem with Iris acting the way she did in this week's episode is that she mostly only complained at everyone. And not without reason, of course, but if her role is just to be angry at being mistreated, then that's not good enough.

My biggest problem with this show is how they are handling her. She's either a damsel in distress, or like in this episode, a total bitch to everyone. Her boyfriend has been kidnapped, and she found out her best friend since childhood is a super hero, and she somehow made everything about her.

I've seen a lot of flack for the Iris character, and I'm having a hard time going along with it. Yeah, it's never fun to see the love interest mad at the hero for lying to them, but that's never an unjust reason for it in the first place. She was mad at Eddie for lying to her when in fact...he was. I agree that her being left in the lurch wasn't great, but it's never made me dislike the character. I keep thinking back to Lana and how much of a horrible hypocrite she was. Compared to Lana, I honestly can say like Iris. I find her more engaging than Caitlin, who I don't dislike either.

I don't dislike Iris, but she needs to be written a hell of a lot better. She's not given enough to do, and everyone around her has actively gone about making decisions on her behalf. No, her being furious at everyone in this episode is the most sensible thing she's done all season.