The Flash

KnightWing

Yeah, I think she was pretty justified in this episode. They need to put way more emphasis on her journalism is the thing. We've gotten flashes of it, like when she noticed the shape-shifter using a different hand, but she's mostly just been the nexus of relationship drama. We haven't gotten a moment with her that's as endearing as, say, Barry and Caitlin singing karaoke.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's only ever presented as Barry's crush, Joe's daughter, or Eddie's girlfriend. She needs to get storylines of her own that do something other than move the main plot along. Candace Patton is enormously likeable and I'd really like to see a lot more from her.

I don't dislike Iris, but she needs to be written a hell of a lot better. She's not given enough to do, and everyone around her has actively gone about making decisions on her behalf. No, her being furious at everyone in this episode is the most sensible thing she's done all season.

Yeah, pretty much. The thing is that when her role is "make the hero feel bad", all it does is create conflict for Barry and make us feel bad at the same time. And what does that technically do in terms of her being a protagonist versus antagonist? If she's having mostly a negative influence on Barry, then that makes her more of a hindrance than a help. She had her brief moment of giving Barry a pep talk, but then she went back on it at the end with her whole "but I STILL don't like any of you!" speech.

So yeah, if she's gonna be pissed then okay, but she needs more positive things to do unless she's just gonna go down the villain route.

She's only ever presented as Barry's crush, Joe's daughter, or Eddie's girlfriend. She needs to get storylines of her own that do something other than move the main plot along. Candace Patton is enormously likeable and I'd really like to see a lot more from her.

Agreed :yes:

Even when delivering exposition, Tom Cavanagh is great.

Every scene where Barry called Joe dad got to me.

The teases in the Speed Force were cool, but I marked out for Jay Garrick's helmet.

I loved Barry telling himself not to change things and then Barry coming back with a punch to Eobard's face.

Since this is a comic book show and Eddie's body got sucked into a wormhole, I'll be waiting for him to come back.

The very end felt like a Smallville finale move and I'm hoping the season premiere doesn't follow that show's premiere track record.

I love this show.

It started with quieter character moments and ramped up into epic-town.

JAY GARRICK, Y'ALL.

Eddie shooting himself was totally unexpected, and it worked so well. I'd bet that he's gonna become the new Reverse-Flash after popping out of a wormhole somewhere.

Really surprised that they didn't go into Flashpoint territory, but in a meta way it kinda made sense. Future-Barry was basically telling present-Barry not to save his mom the same way that Barry had to stop himself from saving her in Flashpoint. So instead of having to go through Flashpoint, future-Barry was like, "No way, man. I've read Flashpoint and it's mediocre at best. Not worth it."

My prediction was that Eobard was going to get back to the future after a fight and they'd end with one of those teasers showing Eddie with a Reverse-Flash ring. With Eddie being an ancestor, I always figured him dying was in play, but I didn't expect him to kill himself.

Best comic book live action show ever confirmed.

I haven't enjoyed television like this in YEARS. I loved everything about the finale, and the final ten minutes had me fist-pumping like crazy. I hope we see Tom Cavanaugh again, this was his best performance by far.

If Thawne/Reverse Flash no longer exists, and he is responsible for Barry becoming The Flash, how is Barry still The Flash?

Also, on the same topic, does this now mean Barry's mother is now alive?

And what about the real Doctor Wells?

Best comic book live action show ever confirmed.

I haven't enjoyed television like this in YEARS. I loved everything about the finale, and the final ten minutes had me fist-pumping like crazy. I hope we see Tom Cavanaugh again, this was his best performance by far.

Saw something from the Show Runner who said Tom Cavanaugh will be be back in Season 2.

I'm guessing that the epic wormhole tornado is the result of time going wonky after Eddie killed himself. So time isn't simply resetting; it's going through some pains in the process. Maybe Barry can stop it, or maybe only some things will change but not others.