Round 1: Nick Marshall v Tony Manero

Missy

The Douchies  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who: Nick Marshall

Actor: Mel Gibson

Movie: What Women Want

Douche move(s): Uses his newfound psychic powers to sabotage a coworker, is sexists, and is played by Mel Gibson.

Who: Tony Manero

Actor: John Travolta

Movie: Saturday Night Fever

Douche move(s): Treats all women like garbage, allows a rape to happen in his presence, and nearly rapes his dance partner.

Gotta go with Nick. As Shana put it the other night: Yes, Tony almost rapes someone and does nothing to stop another rape, but he's a very young man living in an world that taught him no better. Those are the rules he was taught to live by. Nick, however, has a daughter, is in his 40s, and should know better. Yet, he goes out of his way to ruin someone just because she's in his way.

Nick was raised in a strip-club - I'd argue he knew no better either. The age thing does make sense - he should've cottoned on to what a twat he is before he was 40 - but at worst he is sexist.

That's not to downplay sexism, but allowing rape/attempting rape is worse in my eyes.

I vote Travolta at the bigger douche.

I mean Tony.

...I mean Travolta.

This was the hardest one for me so far. A budding rapist vs. a misogynist. Tony is young, it's the 70s. He'll be shaped by a woman yet. Nick has a teenage daughter. Look at what he did to her life. At least later in life Tony repents and becomes a scientologist. Oh, wait...