Invisible Woman v Dr. Doom

Missy

Who wins...?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I like to be Devils Advocate, and I think the opinion that Doom would whoop up is getting a little bit too much steam, so here are my two cents...

Doom is quite the dude, yes his armor will protect him from almost anything, he can blast stuff, has super strength, and is a pretty darn smart guy.

Sue is a substitute teacher who used to be an actress. She also has the ability to protect herself from almost any form of attack with her force fields, as well as being equipped with the ability to go invisible.

Invisibility is not going to be much help against Doom. I mean by now Doom should have something which can detect Sue no matter what kind of force feild she wants to put up. But what is he going to do to her? He blasts, she sheilds. He punches, she sheilds. He drops a house on her, she quite possibly just drops it back. Sue is capable of maintaining force feilds which are miles across, thats a lot of power. She is also capable of creating force feilds within solid objects. Thats right, make a little force feild inside someone's head.... then expand it. *POP!* She is also known to sometimes create a force field around someone's head and wait for them to simply run out of oxygen. One will argue that Doom's armor provides him with life support enough to survive in space for a period of four hours, and by that time Sue will have tired of maintaining a force feild while Doom tirelessly batters at it (The suit is nuclear powered, and is not going to run out of juice before Sue does) This is why this sort of battle would be interesting to see occur.... in fact so interesting I am suprised that Marvel comics has not already played it out.... or have they. As I recall, and I could be off my mark, Sue HAS beaten Doom. And Doom's track record against the Fantastic Four also provides evidence to the same. Although I think Doom is one bad mutha, he was once defeated by a character known as "Squirrel Girl", and if Squirrel Girl can take him, I think that Sue Richards has a pretty good shot.

Also take a look at Doom's history of loss despite serios advantage. He had the power cosmic.. and lost it. He had the power of Galactus himself... and lost it. He had the power of the Beyonder... and lost it. He had the power to send people to Hell... and he lost it. The dude would get the upper hand on Sue in this battle... then lose it.

wow, how long did it take you to research that. I know for a FACT you did not know most of the references you just made until at earliest last week. Nerd.

I have to give it to Doom though. His biggest weakness eminates from his feud with Reed. He's a super competent guy and in a pinch could find some way to distract Sue enough to keep her from running at full power.

By your logic, the "person A can beat anyone by doing action B," Sue could beat anyone by just completely shielding herself and pressing forth from there. That's just simply not how battles go down. Iceman could beat anyone by freeze-drying everything leading to the brain, dead. Pheonix can... eat your world.

FF as a team are enemies of Doom because one on one they are going to have problems. Marvel hypes the FF that way. One on One, Doom vs. Sue, There could always be the upset, but I gotta go 80-20 for Victory Von Doom

I may be pulling references, and I might be giving Sue a little bit too much credit, but I gotta make my case for her. She is a good character, and her major weakness is that she is unwilling to kill people. When Sue goes evil, she is a force to be reconed with, but most of the time Sue is pretty tame and is not going to go all out.

True that I gave a tactic which could be used to kill anyone. But that is why it is not used often in the comics. Magneto can pull the iron from your blood, but just because he can do it does not mean he will. On the other hand, depleting the oxygen until someone passes out is a tactic which Sue *would* use regularly. A lot of people overlook the power which Sue really does have. She is quite a capable Super Hero, however it is her own inhibitions which prevent her from being the powerhouse which she really is capable of being.

As an example from the old Fantastic Four TV Show she was once turned evil by Dr. Doom and he used her to take the remaining three captive, however he found himself unable to really face her when she was willing to use her powers to their full extend without regard for the health and safety of those she fought against.

Oh, and for the record, some stuff was research, but at least half of that stuff I said was stuff I knew.

meh, saying Sue is underated has become cliche. It has been her gimmick for quite awhile that she is the most powerful of the group. What keeps her down is that she is not a superhero at heart. Given the right motivation (protective mother) she can go apeshizzle on people but just for the general GvsE battles or generic contests of skill, she doesn't have the internal inspiration. She has to draw it from elsewhere.

Well, I totally disagree with the votes. Sue would outright murder Doom if he stormed into her home and threatened her family while they were unable to fight. At first she'd fight him like she always does -- mostly taking the defensive. But the second he made a move for any of her fallen loved ones, Sue would violently hoist the not-so-good doctor into the air, rip his mask off and crush his skull with a shrinking invisible bubble.

But oh well. Doom wins this with 83% of the votes.