Ghost Rider

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.ghostridermovieblog.com/archive...comiccon_06.php

The Comic Con footage of Ghost Rider is up on the official site/blog. It looks really good(except for Nic Cage's hair). I especially like the chain and throwing fire effects. The movie ends when it says Ghost Rider in white letters even though it looks like it should keep going. It's pretty short.

P.S. In what I think is the biggest turn around in film roles ever, Cage is going from a flaming man possesed by a demon to Liberace, an eccentric man who played the piano.

• 2 months later...

There is a new trailer out, and the rider talks in this one.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=7950

Director Mark Steven Johnson responds to criticism of the 'Ghost Rider' trailer and explains what you're NOT seeing and why.

"First, the TRANSFORMATION. Ghost Rider is a PG-13 movie, albeit, a very intense PG-13 movie. The MPAA governs the movie trailers as well. And one of the rules is that you can't show people on fire in a PG-13 trailer. Obviously, this presents a problem for us. So for the fans who have wondered if that's all there is for the transformation -- God no. Not by a long shot. But that's all we can show. In fact, we had to cut many shots out of the trailer for being too intense or horrific."

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I haven't seen it yet, but the reviews are mixed. Either it is pretty good, or the worst movie ever. The phrase "flaming pile of shit" was used in more than one review I read.

thats a bit harsh. This was better than Manthing. There just wasn't anything that made it particularly good in any way

Sony Pictures and Mark Steven Johnson's adaptation of Marvel Comics Ghost Rider, starring Nicolas Cage and Eva Mendes, rode home with an estimated $15.9 million its opening Friday, about $600,000 more than Johnson's Daredevil opened with over President's Day weekend four years ago. With that impressive an opening, Ghost Rider is looking likely to set a new record for a President's Day weekend opener if it hold up well enough to make over $45.1 million over the four-day weekend. Either way, it's likely to become Nicolas Cage's biggest opening movie to date by topping his 2004 hit National Treasure.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5228

yeah, but I have fond Man-Thing memories. We pre-gamed for Man-Thing and just MST3Ked it to no end. But atleast it wasn't as bad as most straight-to-sci-fi-television movies (even though it wasn't intended to end up that way)

and hey, grabbing an cattle fence isn't nearly as bad as being shot

I saw the first screening when it openend on Friday, and I agree with the consensus that it's not a bad movie, but not a great one either. I would say it falls on the good side of average. My only complaint was the fact that they never showed Blackheart's true form.

ShowBIZ Data reports that Sony's Ghost Rider, based on the Marvel Comics character, grossed an estimated $17.7 million Saturday, a 12% increase from its opening day. With an estimated $33.6 million earned in just two days, Ghost Rider is less than a million dollars away from being the biggest opening movie of the year so far.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5230

I like the movie but I thought the end fight between Ghost Rider and Blackheart was over really fast and seemed too easy.

I thought that too. I was hoping that after Blackheart absorbed the souls from the contract, he would show his true form which would lead to a fight sequence. Alas, it was over too soon.