2014-2015 Television Season

CBS has released it's fall schedule.

CBS FALL 2014-2015 SCHEDULE
(New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET/PT)

MONDAY
8 PM – The Big Bang Theory/2 Broke Girls
8:30 PM – Mom
9 PM – SCORPION
10 PM – NCIS: Los Angeles

TUESDAY
8 PM – NCIS
9 PM – NCIS: NEW ORLEANS
10 PM – Person Of Interest

WEDNESDAY
8 PM – Survivor
9 PM – Criminal Minds
10 PM – STALKER

THURSDAY
8-11 PM ET – NFL THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (Sept 11-Oct 23)
Beginning Oct 30:
8 PM – The Big Bang Theory
8:30 PM – The Millers
9 PM – Two And A Half Men
9:30 PM – THE MCCARTHYS
10 PM – Elementary

FRIDAY
8 PM – The Amazing Race
9 PM – Hawaii Five-0
10 PM – Blue Bloods

SATURDAY
8 PM – Crimetime Saturday
9:00 PM – Crimetime Saturday
10 PM – 48 Hours

SUNDAY
7 PM – 60 Minutes
8 PM – MADAM SECRETARY
9 PM – The Good Wife
10 PM – CSI/CSI: CYBER

Descriptions of new shows and some of the first looks.

Opening thoughts: Most of the other networks are trying to approach everything from new directions. Fox in particular. CBS is sticking to their guns and... some of it actually looks good. Madame Secretary isn't necessarily something I would watch but it will win awards. Extant looks like it could be fascinating. The Mccarthy's might take the place of How I Met Your Mother as the one comedy with a laugh track I watch. Something else of note: How I Met Your Dad wasn't picked up. That said, 20th Century Fox is looking to shop the show elsewhere.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you hate yourself? Do you think daily, "I wish I never had the capacity to feel joy again?" Do you still wonder if there's something worse in existence than Andrew Lloyd Webber's Cats? Then you're in luck! Watch Selfie, this fall on ABC. Get ready to see Karen Gillen, an actress that you may or may not have enjoyed on Doctor Who, as she commits Career Suicide by playing Eliza Dooley, a vapid, self-absorbed woman who has a chronic inability to use words that anyone understands, even if they do text everyday. Then dazzle as John Cho, who wishes he could just once be the character someone cares about, as Henry Higenbottam, the straight-laced businessman whom you have seen in every movie ever! Now, you too can see a recreation of Pygmalion and My Fair Lady, as done for the brain-dead by the brain-dead who believe Twilight is High-Art. But you may ask yourself, "Will, surely you aren't the target audience. Why do you care?" Well, good sir, I love me a good train wreck. This is a bad one! I laughed once in a half an hour. I didn't even have a nervous laugh or smile at any other point. Yes my friend, you two can sit in horror as you experience an overly long gay joke which someone is determined to make into a running gag. You might even get to witness multiple cases of voice-over because someone realized that the actions can't stand on their own. All this and the beginnings of a relationship with less chemistry than Elizabeth Berkley and anyone in Showgirls. So, my friends, do you dare witness Selfie? Then tune in this fall on ABC. Or watch the Pilot on Hulu right now. Morbid curiosity never steered anyone wrong!

• 1 month later...

The others... are kinda paint by numbers. It's a real shame with How to Get Away With Murder considering how fantastic Viola Davis is.

Redacted. I'm going off the pilot but it is just so well acted and much less predictable than the trailers were yelling. Viola Davis is already on her way to a Best Actress Emmy. I am not a fan of Crime Procedural but this was just so phenomenal. The Kids, the people I thought would be the weak link, have layers. A couple of them are less talented than the others but still. My only concern is where they're going to go after the first season arc runs it's course. Anyway around though, a recommendation.

I hope they add up to Karen Gillan being on something better.

You and me both.

Overnight ratings really aren't the barometer to go by anymore, especially a show like this that's clearly aimed at a younger demo that historically watches things later. That said, a 1.4 in the demo is dreadful.