Episode 31: The Legend of the Titanic

RSS

In what we guess is the podcast equivalent of a Russo Swerve, your faithful hosts review an Italian-animated movie that massacres the story of the RMS Titanic, only not the one they said they would. Rapping dogs are brushed aside in lieu of kitten-stepping villains summoning mafioso-sharks with a magic flute to manipulate a giant octopus to throw an iceberg, who can only be stopped by magical dolphins and a young woman that has consumed her body weight in LSD. Listen to see if James and Damien's hearts ever go on beyond The Legend of the Titanic. [ 1:32:31 || 49.3 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/tranquiltirades/episodes/tranquiltirades_031.mp3

• 4 weeks later...

You guys should be paid for promoting nostalgic television shows. Since you guys mentioned Married with Children I am curious to watch it. The first time I ever heard of it was in El Salvador where it was grouped with Monsters and the rebooted Twilight Zone. Since I could not speak Spanish I did not realize it was a comedy and thought it was a horror show. Ten years later I scroll through channels, see "Married with Children" and hear the name "Bundy" mentioned so I assumed that it was a dark comedy about a family of serial killers. Now that I realize I could not be any more wrong about the show I may give it a try.

on the subject of assuming (and what it makes of me) I thought Snidely Whiplash was the guy whose flying machines were used to chase pigeons. Since TABHAL pointed out that the character I was thinking about was Dick Dastardly I now wonder who would win in a fight.

dastardly_whiplash1_by_kamar_al_zaman-d7