• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally catching up on this, two episodes in. They're really running with Peggy moving on from Steve at the end of Season 1. The Madame Masque plot is going differently than I thought and not from the obvious comic angle, which is interesting. Howard Stark having a James Bond car for hooking up further supports my view that Howard is better than Tony. There's a moment in episode two where Sousa gets furious and Enver Gjokaj carried it really well. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, the second season wasn't as strong as the first, but I still enjoyed it. It's probably my second favorite superhero show, and, like my favorite, The Flash, a lot of that is due to the cast. It also has a distinct rhythm to it, which you really notice when the weakest episodes (five and the finale) throw it off, usually with heightened comedy. Ken Marino's gangster also seemed out of place, but man, he was a blast every time he showed up. Considering how lucky Agent Carter was to get a second season, it's kinda cheap that they ended the season with an unresolved plot thread and a cliffhanger. With Hayley Atwell already attached to a pilot, unless they already made a deal for some kind of closure, it's going to be one of those shows people look back on with a slight lingering frustration. 

• 2 months later...