Help influence Episode 9!

slothian

Yes, you can help influence not only the film Pandy & I use as the joint review, but the homework we assign each other to plot the range of their career. As announced in Episode 7, our subject will be Will Smith.

Pandy & I will take an executive decision on what makes the joint review on Sunday 6th July, so get your ideas in before then!

NB) We won't be covering any films that have been covered on Comic Reel-ief thus far, which rules out 'I Am Legend' and the Men In Black trilogy.

Independence Day is a must, what with it being the film that launched him as a supermega box-office July opening wonderstar.

Six Degrees of Separation drew a lot of "Hey, look, he's not just the Fresh Prince" attention to him.

Wild Wild West had a giant mechanical spider in it.

Honestly, I'd say Bad Boys over Independence Day. Last time I watched Bad Boys, it seemed like it was supposed to be a Martin Lawrence movie that became a Will Smith picture. As such, I'd like to hear The Brothers Wilson discuss that point.

Also, The Pursuit of Happyness and Wild Wild West.

I'm going to say do the best of both, Independence Day and Bad Boys II. If for nothing else than for the chance for one of you to say to the other-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sFBGNp09wM&feature=kp

Ali is a strong choice, if for nothing else than the chance to see the other end of Smith's career, his Oscar hunt. Can't all be blockbusters.

I believe Wild Wild West is due for a The Show appearance so no need to go there yet.

Bad Boys for all the reasons Mike said. He's a little too supporting for Independence Day which is more of an ensemble movie. I'd rather think Ali over The Pursuit of Happiness since while both soften the facts involved in them, Pursuit decided to cut out the fact that his character, in real life, got arrested for Domestic Abuse. Finally, either Hancock or Hitch for Smith as a solo act. I like Hitch for him doing the rom-com thing but also Hancock for the potential discussion of that second half.