Sign in to follow this  
Delete

15th Dragonball Z Movie coming May 2015

I used to be a DBZ fan but Dragonball Evolution ruined my fandom. However the thing that revived my fandom was Dragonball z Abridged.

Seems like ever since DB Kai (or even earlier with "Son Goku and his friends Return!") Dragon Ball has had a major resurgence in popularity due to more produced content, and more produced content due to a major resurgence in popularity. Because AT himself is involved, I'm down.

I used to be a DBZ fan but Dragonball Evolution ruined my fandom. However the thing that revived my fandom was Dragonball z Abridged.

Dragonball GT ruined me. What a terrible show.

I used to hate GT, but now I appreciate that they were trying to go in a different direction. Dragonball was a parody of Kung fu movies, Z was a action adventure and GT tried to be a space opera.

But then again I am talking about seeing the original Japanese version and not the dubbed ones. Ugh! could they make the voices of Pan and Gillu more anoying?

Only reason I'm looking forward to it: What we'll get in a few years.

TFS's Abridged is God's gift to DBZ fandom.

I'm down for it, but I've heard virtually everyone groaning.

I'm down for it, but I've heard virtually everyone groaning.

Closest I can surmise, it's because they're bringing back an old villain that is, technically, weak as hell compared to everyone since then. Closest comparison I can think of: In the Sailor Moon fan community, there's a common trope in fanfics where they bring back the villain Jadeite. The main reason is because he technically didn't get killed back in Season 1. These fanfics are often set post-series and fail to account for how weak he is compared to, say, the girl who's job is to end worlds. At this point, I'm pretty sure Krillian could beat Frieza in a fair fight. So, they either have to give him a massive power boost or the movie will be literally five minutes long.

First trailer with english subtitle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi_3DZirlPI

New trailer out today with JACO THE GALACTIC PATROLMAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0bArxJtSnM