Episode 34: Twilight

RSS

This month, your faithful hosts tackle their biggest challenge of the year as they review the "film" adaptation of the "book" Twilight. It's so bad that James and Damien could not do it on their own, as they're joined by Big Damn Heroes host and expert on the subject of being a female: Hannah Krueger. Together, the three of them try to figure out just exactly what the hell everyone likes about Bella, the effectiveness of staring as a mating ritual, and the rule infractions of Thunder Baseball. [ 2:22:33 || 75.3 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/tranquiltirades/episodes/tranquiltirades_034.mp3

The Spoony Experiment's vlog reviews of Twilight have been both epic and hilarious, and I can't wait to hear the Tirades' take on it.

Downloading now..

Since you mentioned the Spoony Experiment, I loved his review of Yor: Hunter of the Future. I can see James and Damien devoting at least fifteen minutes to the theme song.

• 3 weeks later...

I know James and Damien gave their opinion on Doctor Who and whovians, but if you really want to make a whovian mad claim that the franchise is turning into Twilight.

twighlight-vs-doctor.jpg

Classic Doctor Who had Time Lords fighting vampires. People have been waiting for the doctor to take out vampires in the new series but it still hasn't happened.

And I was a hardcore Who fan for about six months, but I started to see through the cracks and patterns and it got really formulaic. I can't invest in the danger the hero is facing when he himself is invincible to it.

In season six Doctor Who trolled the mudslingers. There is a scene where "Supermassive Black Hole" was playing while the Tardis was surfing a solar flare. There was not a black hole anywhere but it still seemed to be closer than having a game of thunder baseball interrupted by a dutch angle shot of three models riding a conveyer belt . . . while on roller skates.

I can sympathize with Damien having Linkin Park ruined by AMV's. The worst choreographed ones were always set to Linkin Park. One song which Twilight ruined for me was Debussy's "Clair De Lune" and I cannot blame the movie for it because it was also mentioned in the book.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...