Sign in to follow this  
The Master

The Omen

Variety is reporting that John Moore (Behind Enemy Lines, Flight of the Phoenix) will direct The Omen 666, a remake of the 1976 original. The script is currently being written by Dan McDermott... a writer with zero projects under his belt. Filming begins October 3.

Yay. <_<

But he's a child.

Only in the first movie. You couldn't see them ignoring that, and condensing the trilogy down. We get a pre-credits 'kiddy' bit, then BAM! Full Keanu crapness for the rest of the movie.

Mind you, it could be worse. It could be Vin Diesel.

With the current Hollywood trend of casting creepy kids in horror films, they'll stay true to the original -- at least in that regard.

I know. I know. Next thing you know they'll remake the original Bill & Ted and cast Keanu as Ted Logan. :D

If 666 is anything like the shitpile that was Omen 4, then I might vomit in the theatre.

So, has anyone seen this? I almost refuse to see it because as I've said before, The Omen is my favorite horror movie ever and I have a feeling the remake's going to be awful.

I almost went yesterday...but thought better of it, because of training.

I might go see it tomorrow, or Saturday, the next day I have off.

Initial reviews have been mixed. Regardless, we'll see it within the next two weeks and then review it on the show. (We almost saw it yesterday too, but I fell ill and didn't feel like going out after work.)