Sign in to follow this  
James D.

Super Smash Bros. 2014

Okay, so Kotaku posted leaked screenshots of potentially the entire roster (minus DLC characters) for the next game. Among the characters shown that have not been revealed yet:

• THE FUCKING DOG FROM DUCK HUNT
  • Shulk from Xenoblade
  • Bowser, Jr.
  • Ness
  • R.O.B.

oxycmtw2oe9ejp1jaeiy.png

None of this has been confirmed by Nintendo, but it's pretty clear there. Also, this is Kotaku and the author of this particular article didn't run the story until he saw video evidence of it.

I really don't want to give my hopes up for this as I know there's still a very strong possilbity it's fake, but the idea of playing as or beating up the Duck Hunt dog is just so awesome. I really hope it's true.

Like I said, I understand being skeptical, but the Kotaku writer said he saw video evidence on YouTube before Nintendo had it removed. So, I'm really leaning towards believing this.

Fingers crossed for a mini-game in which you can bludgeon Tingle from the Zelda franchise to death. Repeatedly.

Welp, they just confirmed Shulk on the smashbrothers.com web site. So looks like the leaks are true.......

DUCK HUNT DOG!!!!!!

Hells yeah! Excited to see what its moveset will be like, the character select picture had a duck in it too: some kind of dual control?

I'm sticking to my favorite--Kirby--for now, but I do want to start playing more as Sonic, Greninja, and my custom Mii fighter (a swordsman named Fenrir).

Summing up today's Nintendo Direct:

• 8-Player Smash is a thing.
  • There's a Board Game Mode.
  • Stage Builder is now done through the gamepad.
  • Tons of stages.
  • Ridley is in the game... as a stage obstacle.
  • Mewtwo will be DLC, free if you bought the 3ds and WiiU version.

Yawn. Mewtwo was one of the worst Smash Bros. characters in what was it--Brawl? I want Knuckles the goddamned Echidna.