Supergirl

JackFetch

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not disagreeing there.

More of the same with this most previous episode. Cat Grant being amusing in showing a slightly different side to her. Melissa Benoist channeling her inner Grant Gustin adorkablity. I like Jimmy, so I'm rooting for the romance. Wynn's growing on me.

I am seriously confused on Max Lord's plans though. So he wants to kill Supergirl now? Was he being, like, for real? What drove him to that point?

The next episode is going to be hard not to predict from top to bottom how it will play out.

The weird thing is that this creates all kinds on fun continuity things since that means Superman is offically around in this universe. Ehh, if the episode is good I won't care. Of course, the real hilarious way to screw with people's idea of continuity would be if Tom Welling showed up as Clark in the last minutes of the episode.

Oh god, now I really want that even if it makes no logical sense.

I think it's going to be a multiverse thing. There's been no indication so far of any Supercharacters in the CW-verse. 

I'd rather this happened in The Flash, since the cast is much more interesting, but I'm really excited about this. I wanna see Cat Grant's reaction to the Flash, that'd be great.

If it were me, Flash would run into the future since in Supergirl has had Superman established for over 12 years. Both would witness their deaths in the Crisis, and Barry would go back to his timeline and forget. You can't not reference the Crisis with those two characters, especially if Geoff Johns is involved.

I lost interest and stopped watching halfway. The basic premise in "For the Man who has Everything" is that the Black Mercy seduces the victim into believing that its heart's desire is real. The entire time Kara was thoroughly unconvinced, and by the time Alex jumped into her head I realized that the story potential was squandered.

Yeah, they half-assed the story and shoved it into 20 minutes of Supergirl, which is pretty disappointing. Kara having grown up on Krypton gives the story a different and interesting angle, but they didn't do anything with it. I don't think Chyler Leigh's a great actress, but she tries her damnedest to sell Alex's distress over her sister. It doesn't really work though, not on the level that I feel when I watch the family interactions on The Flash. They really should have spent the entire episode on Krypton, but we get hi-jinks between J'onn and Cat that we didn't need and movement on whatever the Kryptonians' plan is. Their plan's called "The Myriad," by the way, showing that they haven't learned from Doctor Who and Arrow when it comes to mysterious plans with dumb names. Alex ends up shoving a Kryptonite sword (?) through Astra, which should be a dramatic moment, but not only does it not have much impact because the actress has been bad throughout, but they end with the gang having Chinese like all that terrible shit didn't happen. What was the point of the Black Mercy and the death if you're going to end the episode on such a casual note?

• 2 weeks later...