Sign in to follow this  
JackFetch

Gambit

They have the license to all of the Marvel mutants. There's no way this is just for that.

Channing Tatum is a charasmatic guy, but I can't honestly think of one stand alone Gambit story. He's always just been "the mysterious guy who may or may not be Cyclops' brother."

He's always just been "the mysterious guy who may or may not be Cyclops' brother."

Whut? How did I miss that?

He was always the top candidate to be a third Summers brother right up until they revealed Gabriel. That was a pretty common fan theory.

Red eyes, explode-y power, orphan with no memory of his parents, on and off relationship with a woman far more interesting than he is. It's pretty easy to see why he may have been Summers #3.

They have the license to all of the Marvel mutants. There's no way this is just for that.

They have to make new movies every few years or the license goes back to Marvel.

I could see it working if they did it as a Mutant Heist movie (He is a member of the Thieves guild). Maybe include Fantomex. Or maybe cut out Gambit altogether and make it a Fantomex movie.

20th Century Fox’s Gambit, starring Channing Tatum as the titular Cajun mutant, has finally found its director: EW can exclusively reveal that Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) will helm the mutant movie.

Source

Channing Tatum and Taylor Kitsch should play a card game to decide who gets to be Gambit. Or maybe they did, and Tatum lost.

This is the Gambit movie that got greenlit solely because Tatum said "Hey, I think I'd like to be in a Gambit movie." They're way too far along to just shitcan it, but this could cripple it irreparably.

I expect to see like 50 articles tomorrow, just filled with actors who should play Gambit now.

Gotta get them clicks.