Episode 11: Robin Williams

RSS

Hey, an Actor! brings you its tribute episode to the comedic genius Robin Williams, who passed away earlier this year. To gauge his acting talent against his humor, The Brothers Wilson examine his early career hit Good Morning, Vietnam, his starring role in the 90s blockbuster Jumanji, and his sinister turn in One Hour Photo. Despite a decidedly bittersweet undercurrent, the brothers endeavor to entertain with Ian's failed attempt at recapturing his radio jingle voice, some of Pandy's worst jingles to date, and more than a few references to Ian's recent appearance on primetime UK gameshow The Chase. There's also an impression of an elephant to close the show. [ 2:26:53 || 70.9 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/heyanactor/episodes/heyanactor_011.mp3

Great episode guys! In the time between my voicemail and your recording, I did manage to see "Good Morning Vietnam" and really enjoyed it.

After hearing the clip mentioning Evangelion, I sought it out as that show's what my brain's been obsessed with since finishing it a few months ago. All I can say without delving into a needless, nerdy rant is that the description of the toy in question is so wrong...so VERY wrong.

Anyway, love that you guys are gonna cover both Kill Bills! I remember that not being high on your Tarintino movie rankings Ian, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts especially. I personally love'em, although it's been a while since I've seen them.

Thanks very much for the voice mail! Great to hear your thoughts

After hearing the clip mentioning Evangelion, I sought it out as that show's what my brain's been obsessed with since finishing it a few months ago. All I can say without delving into a needless, nerdy rant is that the description of the toy in question is so wrong...so VERY wrong

Apparently Williams was a fan of Neon Evangelion too, so it's quite odd how it was treated.