Episode 13: Tim Burton

RSS

The Hey, an Actor! Christmas Special has arrived, with your hosts opting to take on two films which are not connected by an actor, but a director: Tim Burton. For festive frolics, The Nightmare Before Christmas is reviewed, as Pandy had not seen it until this year. Whereas Ian was treated to another Burton musical in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. And to make up for a smaller staple of film reviews, over 30 outtakes from the HAA! archives are on show, including: Ian's various euphemisms for beer, Pandy's offbeat advert for his wife's side-business, and possibly the most boring outtake in the entire world. That, and there's another Pandy Parody to end the show. The Brothers Wilson wish you all a Merry Christmas and fabtabulous New Year! [ 2:27:13 || 62.2 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/heyanactor/episodes/heyanactor_013.mp3

In terms of the quoted usage of racial slurs, I'll say that when I first heard that in the Swing Kids discussion I thought to myself "Did he really just say that?". I had to remind myself that he was quoting a line from the movie. Whenever a white person throws out that word I (and most black ppl I know) have an immediately bad reaction to it, but I'm not one to ignore context when discussing things like that. I'm of the opinion that you can say virtually anything, you just have to mean something when you say it. I appreciated Pandy's hesitation of it.