Every Film You've Watched in 2015

dc20willsave

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Darkman: Talk about a movie that knows what it wants to be and goes for it. I can see someone watching this and thinking it's absolute crap, and there are a lot of moments that play so arch it's almost as though the film wants you to think that. But Sam Raimi's clearly got love oozing out of every pour of this movie, and it shows. The hardass origin sequence, the violence, the gore, the drama, the melodrama. Scenes like the accident that turns Neeson into Darkman, Ted Raimi's hilariously awesome demise, the battle at Darkman's headquarters and that fucking unbelievable Pink Elephant sequence really put this over the top for me. The final scene is so typical yet so badass, it's amazing. I loved this film.

Hook: What was I thinking?:

Hook is crap, even Spielberg said so.

What he said. Though he was definitely a talented actor, you can't dance around the fact that Robin Williams was in a lot of crappy films that he did little to make better, including Hook...

Ok, it's not great overall and is pretty saccharine in places, but it's nowhere near Spielberg's worst film and is kind of the perfect way to do a back-to-Neverland story. Williams, Hoffman, and Hoskins are amazing.

What he said. Though he was definitely a talented actor, you can't dance around the fact that Robin Williams was in a lot of crappy films that he did little to make better, including Hook...

Ok, it's not great overall and is pretty saccharine in places, but it's nowhere near Spielberg's worst film and is kind of the perfect way to do a back-to-Neverland story. Williams, Hoffman, and Hoskins are amazing.

I've seen a lot of rag on Hook lately, and feels to me like it's kind of come out of nowhere. I've not seen it in several years, but to my memory I thought people liked it.

I've seen a lot of rag on Hook lately, and feels to me like it's kind of come out of nowhere. I've not seen it in several years, but to my memory I thought people liked it.

As I recall it was a flop, and Spielberg took a lot of critical flak for it. That said, I remember liking it well enough.

Dang. Had the wifi worked at my hotel room this past week, I would have crashed through 200 feature films easily. Though, I suppose if you add the ones I watched more than once this year, I would hit 200...then all the documentaries. Decent year for film. I'll beat the count next year, methinks.

• Missy locked and unlocked this topic