Legends of Tomorrow

Dan

If they go without any huge breaks, and assuming 4 episodes per month (which still means 1 off week every two months), 15 episodes would be just under 4 months. A full 23 episodes like he's saying would go into June. Although if they wanted to be smart, maybe they could keep airing it into the Summer. The CW only programs 10 shows at a time, and they all stop in Summer. Maybe Legends of Tomorrow is a way for them to keep their ratings up and keep their superhero brand strong through Summer.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, I like it fine. The decision to hew closer to Hawkgirl's helmet than Hawkman's was the right one. (And I assume the wings will be added on in post.)

However, that right there is Wolverine's mask. (Which goes to prove that it can be done in live action without looking like ass.)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was okay. With this being Part 1, it would have been better to build to the mission more since there's going to be 15 episodes after this for explosions. A lot of the character work in this was people stating what they're going to be about, which wasn't very organic. I didn't think the stuff with the Hawks worked very well, but I don't blame the actors as that's a tough story for anyone to satisfyingly pull off. I know next to nothing about Rip Hunter, so the Time Master stuff could be accurate, but it felt like a lot of lifting from Doctor Who was going on there. It's got Caity Lotz kicking ass and Wentworth Miller being Captain Cold, so I'm in for the long haul though. 

I didn't love it. The cast is too big for a 45-minute show, and hopefully they'll highlight two or three heroes per episode in the future. Arthur Darvill was kind of blah, which is disappointing as all hell. However, the potential is there, and Canary, Heatwave and Cold were a ton of fun in their side adventure, so there's enough to keep me coming back for a little while.

I think this is the most I liked Heatwave so far. He was really fun in this pilot. Wentworth Miller had next-to-nothing to do, but because he's immaculate what little he did do was awesome.

I like the second half of the episode way more than the first half. The first half was surprisingly shallow in getting everyone together and justifying most of their reasons for joining in this stranger's promise. I really didn't buy Cold and Heatwave's reasons for going at all. I also found Jefferson to be really annoying and Stein's drugging of him to be off-putting. Didn't think they were done well at all.

But what little asides Darvill brings to Rip Hunter I liked. I like the Atom as a go-to good guy. The Hawks are still hit or miss.

The second half really picked up for me, with the revelation of the Hawks' son and that Rip lied to everyone. That made it more interesting and zeroed in on everyone as people. Not the greatest pilot ever but it definitely finished stronger than it began.