Sign in to follow this  
Dread

Hannibal

Couldn't believe there's no thread for this given that I know there are at least three forumites who love the show.

Finally watched the third season premiere last night and was very underwhelmed. Hannibal is clearly the draw of the show, but we've never seen him have his own episode before away form the regular investigative angle of the other half of the show. As a result, it felt like way too much of a good thing.

There was some interesting stuff:

-Gillian Anderson is enchanting as always

-Dr. Fell is an identity assumed by Lecter in the novel Hannibal which takes place after Silence of the Lambs so that's an interesting tidbit.

-The moment at the dinner table.

-Eddie Izzard in flashback saved the show. Without him it would have been a disaster.

All said, the first half hour was completely disposable, but from then on it dialed in completely. Very weird experience. I hope episode gets back to Will and the team again. In fact, I'd be very happy if they left Hannibal alone for a while since they're supposed to be taking on the Red Dragon anyway.

That's a pretty fucked up timeline. It means they'd have to capture and incarcerate Lecter in the first six or seven episodes.

Oof. Third episode is as boring and aimless as the first two. I'll take a break before coming back later this summer maybe.

I thought last week's was the most successful with the pacing and atmosphere this season has been going for. Also, "technically."

When it goes from being the best thing on network television to something I can barely get through, yeah it does.

I've liked all the episodes to this point, but they could've done a bit better on the ordering - put ep 4 as ep 1. Still keep the solo episode as episode 2, and then Will's arc goes great from ep 2 and ep 3. Plus, still doesn't ruin the Abigail surprise.

I will admit four was good. 5 was excellent. But 6 could have cut some fat by about five minutes to actually add a story. Another jumbled mess.