Hannibal

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go him.

Des, you and I continue to be adorably at odds with each other. I liked five, particularly the last ten minutes, and six was one of the best head trips we've gotten so far. Bring on next week.

Fun fact - Siouxsie of Siouxsie and the Bandits is giving us new music for the back half of the season with Reitzell. I can't wait.

Footage for the Red Dragon half is looking amazing.

Yep, they have been. Fuller said at the panel they're thinking about a movie now (through Kickstarter maybe?) and that Mikkelson and Dancy are game for more if it's feasible. Like I said when it got cancelled, I'm grateful they got three seasons and am fine if this is the end.

As a fan of Mason Verger being a sick fuck and Mads Mikkelsen looking like the most hardcore motherfucker alive, I thought this week's episode was great. I'm not sure how I feel about the latest departure from canon in the Will/Hannibal relationship though.

That last episode has to be the goriest and most profane thing that has EVER been on network television. Trying to think of cable stuff that could beat it. I can't.

I thought it ended brilliantly. It's the only episode this season I've really enjoyed. It might be the best of the entire series, actually.

The downside is, I don't know how you go to Red Dragon from here. Why bother? Use RD as a cipher to push Graham and Lecter together? I guess. There was more to the character in both of the movies than I suspect he'll be given in the show.

Huge plot holes aside, I'm back in to see how they wrap this up. There needn't be another season of this show. Glad it's ending. I am not sure it can even end better than this last episode, let alone continue after this season.

Best episode will always be the second season finale for me.

I wouldn't count Dolarhyde's characterization out yet, I mean, their adaptation will be twice the length of a movie.

The way they worked in the Verger storyline definitely felt like they knew they were getting cancelled. I still liked it, but that feeling is there. I know we disagree on the storytelling with this first half, but the Chiyoh stuff is the only material I thought was really unneeded.

I'm surprised at how much ground they covered in this first episode. Given the leisurely way the season started and the three year jump, I figured they wouldn't get into the case until next episode. Of course, we'll probably get flashbacks at some point.

I loved the initial montage that introduced Dolarhyde, but I wasn't crazy about his later scenes. I need to see more of how they're handling the character.

I'm a little half and half with the latest two episodes. While this show has given me the best versions of many of the characters form this world, Dolarhyde is the worst of the three. I love the scenes with the blind girl (McClane? Was that her name?).

Also, I love when Hannibal and Will talk, but it frustrates me to no end that they indulge in bullshit "psychic mapping." It not only detracts from the performances of the actors, but it also undercuts their talent.

Finally, my kingdom for an episode without a fucking flashback. This season relies so heavily on flashback that it aggravates me. More than three quarters of them are unnecessary too.

I hope next week, blind girl gets to touch a tiger.

I wasn't feeling their Dolarhyde last week, but I felt a little better about him this week now that he's interacting with Reba.

The conversation between Will and Hannibal was good only because of Mikkelsen and Dancy; it doesn't hold a candle to their reunion in Manhunter.

I didn't mind the flashbacks this week because returning to the pseudo family makes sense now that Will has an actual one.

Still holding out for "Strong as I Am" to start playing.

Haha!

I know that this show has played with character race and gender a lot, but now they've really started to play with setting (Will's getaway home, for example).

If I get cheated out of seeing Freddie Lounds

burning alive in a wheelchair rolling down a parking garage

I'll be seriously fucking pissed.

The conversation between Will and Hannibal was good only because of Mikkelsen and Dancy; it doesn't hold a candle to their reunion in Manhunter.

You're absolutely right. And think about that. This show had almost three years of television to build up to that moment with relationship-building (and 'lo how they tried) but that was the first time those actors ever saw each other in that film.

There are elements of this season being outdone by Red Dragon. Nothing can hold a candle to Manhunter.

Just caught up. Man, Italy and the semi-Hannibal book adaptation really was terrible. Why didn't they just catch him at the end of last season and do Red Dragon this entire season?

The problem with this show is that style overtook substance. They think that if the show looks good enough the audience will forgive anything. They threw the chronology out the window for no good reason. Im cool with shifts in the retelling but they need good reason to happen.