The Dark Knight

Missy

That, besides the cookie monster accent, was the worst part of the movie for me.

Maybe you just like disagreeing with me Des.

I like puppies!

Anyway, saw the film on DVD today, it's alright, I think DCAU said it best.

All that said The Dark Knight will be a great addition to my DVD collection and even though it's not a movie I could watch every weekend I could watch it every three months or so.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

ugh............... I just got my Single Disc DVD from Columbia House DVD and there ARE NO SPECIAL FEATURES!!!! I so can't wait until I get paid next week so I have get the 2 Disc Edition. :fight: :grumble: :cry:

Guest DCAUFan1051
DCAU, that's what they do with the two disc as well.

The second disc has all the extras and the Blu-Ray has added extras like how they created the Jokers theme.

I mean the fact that there isn't even a goddamn commentary or a photo gallery

usually they have 1 or 2 features on a single disc edition. Oh well. I can wait until wednesday. :D

Guest DCAUFan1051
Their isn't even a Nolan commentary.

I heard he doesn't like doing them.

Which is a shame as he os one of the few people who can actually educate, entertain and inform you on the film as he knows what he's talking about, or does a dam fine job pretending.

I meant a commentary in general regardless if nolan was there at least a cast commentary.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm watching the DVD now and while Bale's gravely Batman voice is bad the Bruce Wayne he plays is very good in my opinion. TDK shows of Bruce the detective and batman the detective. I think it's great seeing bruce wayne doing stuff without having the mask on. :D

OK I have a few questions it's been a while since I saw Batman Begins:

Did we or have we ever seen the Batcave in the first movie?

Alfred says the mansion is being rebuilt will we see it in the third installment?

:ot: Does anyone think I should get a PS3 for MGS4 and Blu Ray capabilities? I'd love to have The Dark Knight on Blu Ray!

:ot: Does anyone think I should get a PS3 for MGS4 and Blu Ray capabilities? I'd love to have The Dark Knight on Blu Ray!

Seeing how we have the same tv I'll remind you that it only goes up to 1080i so Blu-Rays don't look as good and the ar is wrong on them. That's why I stopped buying them until I get a better tv. My dvds look better and don't have the black bars.

MGS4 on the other hand looks awesome.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Seeing how we have the same tv I'll remind you that it only goes up to 1080i so Blu-Rays don't look as good and the ar is wrong on them. That's why I stopped buying them until I get a better tv. My dvds look better and don't have the black bars.

MGS4 on the other hand looks awesome.

HELP POLICE THAT MAN STOLE MY TV!!! :D just kidding jack

yea the only reason why I kinda want it is because of the special features that are being pushed by The Dark Knight Blu Ray version..... and I want it for MGS4 as well love the MGS series

I saw The Dark Knight on Blu-ray on a 40+ inch screen today. It was absolutely GORGEOUS. Everything was cleaner, crisper, more detailed than it had been even in the cinema, and then when the action kicks in you the screen expands and you get the extra large IMAX sections. I can only describe it as the finest visual experience that cinema has ever given me. If they released Hero on Blu-ray in the IMAX style I might just weep with joy.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I've yet to watch TDK on my 32" Widescreen LCD HDTV because I want the 2 disc edition but I did watch the 1 disc edition on my computer and I love this movie.

The only thing I really don't like is the character non continuity. By that I mean Gordon's wife is named Barbara uh I thought that was supposed to be his daughter? so what the heck are they doing???

Mostly Babs is said to be his niece, but in one story they said Jim slept with his brother's wife, birthing Babs. Only Barbara and her mother knew the truth, however, so Jim saw her as his niece / adopted daughter. That said, I think that story might have been retconned.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Mostly Babs is said to be his niece, but in one story they said Jim slept with his brother's wife, birthing Babs. Only Barbara and her mother knew the truth, however, so Jim saw her as his niece / adopted daughter. That said, I think that story might have been retconned.

thanks 4 the info mike and everyone I was just going by the DCAU continuity where she's the daughter oh well TDK rules!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HARVEY DENT MAY BE ALIVE!!!!!

Hear it from Eckhart's mouth.

*Snickers* I just thought of something Aaron Eckhart plays Harvey Dent/Two-Face in The Dark Knight which has The Joker in it.

The dirty cop in Tim Burton's Batman is named Eckhart and that film has both Harvey Dent and The Joker. Wow, do we go in circles.

Anyway, here is that link:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7980