The Dark Knight

Missy

Let me have my delusions, please. :P

It's no good. Dubs has ruined my delusions and he'll do the same to you! :grumble:

But yes, I reckon Eckhart's having some fun with the "Entertainment press". I almost wish I was a A-lister; not for the money, fame or women, but the chance to constantly screw with vacuous media outlets.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But yes, I reckon Eckhart's having some fun with the "Entertainment press". I almost wish I was a A-lister; not for the money, fame or women, but the chance to constantly screw with vacuous media outlets.

You have no idea how often I've dreamt of this.

Its good to know that your dream is a higher class of crank call.

Its good to know that your dream is a higher class of crank call.

Well, it's not my only dream. There are the ones involving Kate Beckinsale, Girls Aloud, and a kiddie pool full of chocolate syrup, but I didn't feel they were relevant to the topic.

Ah Dubs and his dreams of prank calls and english girls and pudding....

I'm sure they did cut down stuff, it was definitely an R-Rated film. That quick cut they did with The Joker cutting the mob bosses face couldn't have been shoddy editing

Quick cutting is to make the audience be even more horrified at what they saw, or reather what they didn't see.

I've probably said this before. Hitchcock said he didn't have us not see the knife going into Janet Lee in psycho because he couldn't, he did because whatever we imagine is a lot scarier than anything he or anyone can put on screen.

Not seeing the joker give the mobster the smile, is scarier as we hear the jokers theme for a split second and the reaction of the others and then him falling down, we are the giving the pieces of the puzzle to place ourselves.

If that wasn't the scene you were talking about, then my mistake.

• 1 month later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm posting this here because I can't find the damn Oscars Thread If Ledger Wins Daughter Will Get The Oscar When She's 18

when I was reading through the article it kinda made me mad then I agreed that it was right as far as the decision that they had come to. That's of course if Ledger Wins, at first I had to read through the article three times to see if I was understanding it right damn legal jargon.

Well, yeah, it makes the most legal sense. Matilda's 3, and still a minor, and thus can't legally own the statue till she hits 18 and becomes a legal adult, and her mother being her legal guardian, the Oscar will be technically owned by her till then.

And I very, very highly doubt that Ledger will get the Oscar, except out of pity. He was far from the best actor in TDK.

And I very, very highly doubt that Ledger will get the Oscar, except out of pity. He was far from the best actor in TDK.

OK, but thats just your opinion. The majority opinion is that he was astonishing regardless of his subsequent fate. His screen presence was magnetic. I'm not saying that his is the sort of role or performance that would usually get Oscar attention but most people think he was the best thing in that film.

See, you think that when you see it for the first time.

But then you watch it again, and his performance, while solid, isn't ZOMG BEST THING EVAR. Or, at least, that's what I found when I watched it again a few months later.

I think I've seen it 6 times altogether and the last time around I almost FFwarded straight through to all the bits with the Joker. To be honest some of the other stuff drags, the only bits that remain as great every time are the bits with Joker in.

But fair enough, I can get why its not for everyone.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I only have heard of

TDK

Wall-E

Benjamin Button

Bolt

and a few others as far as what the hell they're giving the awards to this year......... this is the EXACT reason why I stopped watching these awards shows back in 1995!

I only have heard of

TDK

Wall-E

Benjamin Button

Bolt

and a few others as far as what the hell they're giving the awards to this year......... this is the EXACT reason why I stopped watching these awards shows back in 1995!

I can understand why that would make the show less entertaining for you, but man, I’m glad they look beyond the kinds of films I’d typically watch in cinemas. In fact, I really wish they’d expand even further. But heck, I guess they’re kind of stuck pandering to the same people they always have.

And hell, I’ll admit it, I’m kind of happy they gave an Oscar to Heath Ledger. Whether or not he deserved it over Josh Brolin or Phillip Seymour Hoffman, both of whom have impressed me immensely over the years, I have no idea.

The problem I have with the Oscars is that instead of having everyday people who spend 8 to 10 dollars they DON'T have to go see these films and nominate and choose a winner. They get a panel of people who get paid to watch the movies and are TRAINED to look for certain things in films to vote on it.

Now me personally I know what to look for in a critic's POV, but when I watch a film I see it the way it was meant to be seen, but a fan's POV.