The Dark Knight

Missy

Katie Holmes will not be in the movie.

"We never got to the negotiating stage" for the film, said Julie Polkes, Holmes' representative. "Katie was offered ["Dark Knight"] but was unable to accept the role because of scheduling conflicts. She was in the process of negotiating for another project.

I'm so happy. She was the worst part Batman Begins. Why do filmmakers feel that every movie needs a love story?

This is the best possible news I could have heard for the next film other than the hypothetical "Vincent D'Onofrio has won the role of Harvey Dent".

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Aaron Eckhart is Harvey Dent/Two face! Yay!!!!

....well, that's the net opinion. I don't think I've seen a single film of his.

I think the internet just likes him because he was in "Thank You for Smoking" and that movie's status is a free pass in the biased gazebo of information that the internet is.

I've seen a couple of his things and there isn't anything that makes him stand out as good or bad, as two-face or in general.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Updates!

Eric Roberts has been cast as Sal Maroni, the guy who helps create Two Face.

On the subject of which, TDK now has its own website. Apart from a new banner, all it leads to is this when you click on it. Interesting look at Dent. I always imagine him being a brunette, just because a blonde Two Face seems odd. Still, it's something for those of us who are HUNGRY for this film!

• 4 weeks later...

Marv, I see where you are coming from, as it is almost Dick Tracy-esq in it's look. But on the flip side, if it is the only retro thing in it, then it could make sense in relation to the character. Car from another era, dodgy paint job, all part of the unstable look they seem to be going for.

As for the suit, I can't believe I never noticed heads not turning. How hard could it be?? Anyway, I like the new suit, looks like it could do and stop a far bit of damage.

The front and rear tires are both a monstrously huge 508 millimeters, and the engines are in the hubs of each wheel. Steering isn't by hand but by shoulder, since there aren't handlebars. Instead, there are shields that fit each arm like sleeves and have the ability to rotate around the bike's frame. The two foot pegs are set 3 1/2 feet apart on either side of the tank, which the rider lies on, belly down.

It's also equipped with machine guns, cannons (difference, uncertain), and grappling hooks.

In the film it is supposed to have been designed and built by Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman) for Batman, though Nathan Crowley designed it for the actual production. He was also the brains behind the new Batmobile from Batman Begins. Just one more thing to look forward to during the next 13 months.

batcyclexi9.jpg

batcycle2dm5.jpg

Video of the Batpod here

Here are the high resolution versions of the above pictures of the batpod(what a stupid name)

batpod1rw6.th.jpg

batpod2su1.th.jpg

I'm pretty sure this thing will be mostly effects and CG in the movie since it has no........you know.........engine. In the movie it will have the engine built into the wheels, but that's not possible in real life.

In the movie it will have the engine built into the wheels, but that's not possible in real life.

Yes it is. It's not practical, as the electric motors that small aren't very powerful (well, powerful isn't the right word, useful for the application might be better). There are also monowheels which use motorcycle powerplants within a large outer wheel. It's also a shitload of unsprung weight. And unsprung weight is bad for cornering performance. Such a system would have minimal drivetrain losses, though.

Anyway, if you're going to ripoff Akira with the in-wheel motors, you really ought to make the bike look significantly more badass than that. That thing looks like the bastard child of a Dodge Tomahawk and the Imperial Speeders from Return of the Jedi.

• 4 weeks later...