The Dark Knight

Missy

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A description for the trailer is over at SHH:

I have seen The Dark Knight Teaser. I don't want to reveal everything...

It starts out with the WB logo gracing the screen, followed by the DC logo and the Legendary pictures logo. The screen goes black.

It opens back up as a commercial paid for by the friends of Harvey Dent. We are shown shots of him talking, making public speeches, and walking in a suit, while a deep voice comes on and talks about Harvey Dent. A generic politician commercial.

What seems to be halfway through the commercial, it is interrupted by static, and blacks out. Out of nowhere a crystal clear image comes onto the screen of a blacked out man with large windows behind him. The camera slowly zooms in on him. He's talking (about what I won't say) and as he finishes he begins laughing. Lightning strikes, lighting up his face, as the laughter grows more manic. Cut to black.

The Batman Begins (now The Dark Knight's bat) emblem is shown with the words The Dark Knight. Then it says Summer 2008 and has the website at the bottom.

What is said... is a surprise that I must keep for now. It gave me chills.

Evil Joker infront of the Simpsons, riigghht

That's been the rumor for a few weeks now.

Oh im not denying it at all, just thinking that its a strange combination if they are going for dark evil Joker infront the kiddies for the Simpsons movie really. Makes sense in that the Simpsons is going to be the most watched movie for quite some time so why not get the most attention, just weird in that the Dark Knight is going to be at least a 12 if not higher rated film

• 4 weeks later...

batmanbalenw3ks1.jpg

also:

Today they are filming Batman scenes in Chicago at Lasalle and Jackson.

There are about 7 Gotham City Police cars on the street. They have about 250 Gotham City Police officers and 20 bag pipe players. They have a stage set (like a parade stage) with 40 or so men in suits (city officials) and on the stage are round funeral wreaths. I saw a Batman runner at Starbucks and he said they have over 1,300 extras for this film scene. (That would explain the 15 porta potties lined up on Wells!) Someone big dies in Batman…..but who??

My guess is

a cop since they have the bag pipes. Probably the chief of police.

• 4 weeks later...
A crew member involved in the filming of the new Batman movie has died in a car accident on the set, according to Reuters.

The Dark Knight special effects technician was killed when his 4x4 vehicle crashed into a tree during a dummy film run involving the Batmobile.

The incident happened on a property near Chertsey, Surrey, on Monday afternoon.

Surrey Police and the Health and Safety Executive said they were investigating a workplace fatality on a London film set.

My heart goes out to their family.