Every film you've watched in 2016

Missy

MASH: First time watching in a very long time. Megan loved the TV show but had never seen the movie. It's not a story per se, but it is wonderfully shot and brilliantly acted. Funny shit. Altman's best film by a huge leap. I'd love to see a sequel with Skerritt, Sutherland, Williamsen, Duvall and Gould. 

Features: 77

Shorts: 20

Documentaries: 6

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trainwreck: I've liked Amy Schumer for years. Outside of her playing a character named Amy, she puts in a very nuanced performance. There are a couple of moments where it oozes into formulaic romantic comedy but there are others that it completely works against the mold. Also, being a native Ohioian, I found myself not hating LeBron James for the first time in a while. Also, John Cena can act. Never would have thought.

Bring It On: It's a fun movie. Nothing too great but it works for what it is. Also, the sheer amount of actors and stuff that were also in Buffy. Just more of a random observation than anything else.

Films: 45
Rewatches: 1

Trainwreck: I've liked Amy Schumer for years. Outside of her playing a character named Amy, she puts in a very nuanced performance. There are a couple of moments where it oozes into formulaic romantic comedy but there are others that it completely works against the mold. Also, being a native Ohioian, I found myself not hating LeBron James for the first time in a while. Also, John Cena can act. Never would have thought.

I thought Trainwreck was really interesting, in that it's a fairly run of the mill romantic comedy, except that the female lead isn't a standard rom-com "I'm such a mess because I trip and fall down a lot, and my job keeps me so busy I don't have time for a man", but is legitimately broken, and as a result the tropes are viewed from another angle.

Shit, Popeye is one of the worst movies ever made.

Nah, it's one of the truest comic movies ever made. 

It can be both.

Indeed.

True, but I don't see what's so egregious about it that merits "worst ever" status. 

It's unwatchable.