Every film you've watched in 2016

Missy

ALL THE WAY: Starring Bryan Cranston as Lyndon B. Johnson and Anthony "cut the check" Mackie as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Based on the play centered around the vote for the 1964 Civil Rights Act. This is a really good movie that I thought halfway through was very similar to Lincoln with Daniel Day Lewis. LBJ feels pressure from all over, as well as MLK. Cranston completely Animorphs himself in LBJ, it's uncanny. Mackie's less successful in becoming MLK but he's still good for what he can do.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justice League vs Teen Titans: obviously a Titans movie with the JL branding that DC seems to think it needs. Anyway, another nice reminder that DC Animated does superhero movies way better than their live action division or even Marvel. Fun. I've never really liked the Trigon stuff from the Titans books, but this film did it very well. Also, Damian and Raven? How come the comics never thought of that pairing before?

Features: 80

Shorts: 31

Documentaries: 6

Also, Damian and Raven? How come the comics never thought of that pairing before?

Because Raven's supposed to be closer to Dick Grayson's age. I liked the movie a lot too, but the one thing they changed was that Raven was significantly younger than Starfire for some reason.

Also, Damian and Raven? How come the comics never thought of that pairing before?

Because Raven's supposed to be closer to Dick Grayson's age. I liked the movie a lot too, but the one thing they changed was that Raven was significantly younger than Starfire for some reason.

They did it because it makes a lot of sense.

Dolly Deadly/Easter Sunday: features for the festival

Features: 82

Shorts: 31

Elektra: Mostly boring, more infuriating for how far it set back the female lead Comic Book movie than anything else.

X2: Probably the best of the original three X-Men movies. For the longest time, I would have even said the best comic book movie of all time. I would say it has aged as well as it could but it was still fun.

Films: 47
Rewatches: 1

Edited by dc20willsave

The Rundown - Watched this on TV while house sitting.  Below average action movie that is largely forgotten.  Looking back, I sometimes forget just how huge the Rock is these days.  He looks downright human sized in this movie.  Well, as human sized as Rock can be.

Mr. Bean's Holiday: I cooked dinner and, for the first time, had no say in family movie night. Mr. Bean is where comedy goes to die. However, the woman who is the female lead is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my life and she is married to the Tank Girl creator. So there's that. That is all.

The Dark Tapes: feature for the fest

Features: 86

Shorts: 35

X-Men: The Last Stand: Wretched but still not the worst thing I've ever seen. This is how you kill a franchise.

Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance: When it comes to cult films, if someone tries to make a sequel, it almost always feels like they tried too hard. It usually is a case that they're trying to make something thay panders to the fans of the original. Birdemic 2 did it, Sharknado's sequels did it, Shock Treatment did it, Samurai Cop 2 somehow makes itself the exception. Oh, that's not saying it's not terrible. It's just that it's bad for different reasons. The plot is confusing to say the least, mainly since we have different Clans with similar names that it's hard to tell whose part of which one. Another thing of note is that just about every bad movie actor of note appears in the film. Lisa London, Christine DeBell, Joe Estevez. Then we have our main villains. Bai Ling is a terrible actress but she somehow becomes worse here. But she's still not somehow the worst actor here because the other main villain is played by Tommy Motherfucking Wiseau. Yeah! His role here somehow makes Johnny look nuanced. Listen, this is still a fun bad movie but at least it's bad on its own merits without trying to duplicate the original.

Films: 49

X-Men: The Last Stand: Wretched but still not the worst thing I've ever seen. This is how you kill a franchise.

Not really. Wholly disappointing? Yes. Franchise killer? Not quite, even if it was treated as such.

The Guest: I'm of two minds. One says that this movie works best during the moments of dread and that makes it a fantastic thriller. The other says that once the film descends into being an action movie, it loses me. Most of the cast is great but it feels like someone started writing a great thriller and decided to throw in some military action towards the end before finding itself again in the closing moments.

Best in Show: While not my favorite Christopher Guest film, probably the funniest.

Films: 51

Frankenstein Created Bikers: feature for the fest

Forever Hardcore: The Documentary: this is an ECW documentary which was pretty informative and fun. Not as much footage as I was wanting from matches and stuff, but very informative.

Features: 89

Shorts: 38

Documentaries: 7