Every film you've watched in 2016

Missy

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showgirls: Yes, it's bad. Yes, I still love it for some weird reason. It's a tradition. I forgot that it's shot in a widescreen normally reserved for action films.

Abe's Tomb: I suppose local films should be spared from being a source of mockery. But you can watch this on Amazon Prime and Jesus Fuck, this is bad. Like upper echelon of bad movies bad. Outside of the narration, the plot holes, and the random Monkey Paw Wishgranter who lives in a cave, it's a very dumb vampire movie. It's just the everything else that piles on the dumb. Easily one of the six.

Films: 75
Documentaries: 1
Rewatches: 3

The last shot of Cheap Thrills is one of my favorites in recent years. 

It's one of the best final shots I've ever seen. Amazingly sums up the entire movie so fucking well. Great movie that I'm kicking myself for not watching sooner.

Dr. Strangelove: That was fucking amazing. How it's taken me this long to watch it, I haven't the foggiest fuckin' clue. Also, Sellers and Scott made that movie. Just. God, what a good movie. I really needed it after the shit I've been going through lately. 

Films Watched: 77

Can't recall the last time I was able to watch three movies in one day when my family was present.

The Perfect Husband: review forthcoming

Observance: review forthcoming

Now You See Me: watched this with Megan. It was her decision. I'm glad she made it. This movie was fun as fuck. Smartly written and very well-acted. One of the best fight scenes I've EVER seen. VERY pulpy. This felt like it was an adaptation of a novel from the 50s but it wasn't. A lot of it is ludicrous, but what blockbuster isn't? Some of the delight in the magic tricks is removed when you can use CGI to make it, but the tricks are still interesting and visually impressive.

Features: 126

Shorts: 62

Documentaries: 9

Star Trek Beyond: Not as awesome as the last two IMO (I liked Into Darkness) but still a good movie. It's the most that feels like the original series and the cast outdid themselves in the chemistry with each other. I'm really glad this won't be the last time we see them together. While the last two was sort of the Kirk and Spock show, this one is definitively an ensemble. Idris Elba's villain appears cookie-cutter at first, but by the end he's really engaging.

The Room: Appropriately enough, I really was only able to watch about half of it because of a drunk friend in the bathroom.

Gremlins: Great film though I definitely prefer the sequel.

The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe: The animated TV film from the 70s. Jesus Christ, the Narm. It's almost all The Witch though the animation is on the same level as Hanna-Barbera in the early 60s.Just take a look at a clip (the image are alone... wow)

Films: 75
Documentaries: 1
Rewatches: 3
Made For TV: 1

Edited by dc20willsave

Star Trek Beyond: Not as awesome as the last two IMO (I liked Into Darkness) but still a good movie. It's the most that feels like the original series and the cast outdid themselves in the chemistry with each other. I'm really glad this won't be the last time we see them together. While the last two was sort of the Kirk and Spock show, this one is definitively an ensemble. Idris Elba's villain appears cookie-cutter at first, but by the end he's really engaging.

I agree with all of this, but what the hell was wrong with Chris Pine's face?