Spider-Man: Homecoming

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, based on Civil War a Spidey movie with added Iron man could well be a complete home run. Best version of Spidey ever and the interplay he has with Stark was perfect.

They're doing this because it equals box office and even better than that it actually works on screen. This isn't DC throwing some Bat + Supes equation at the screen and expecting the fans excitement to do all the work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1. WTF? Why would they show the same scene twice in the first trailer? Weak.

Wish they hadn't shown the boat scene, but please tell me Donald Glover is playing Miles and the older guy with him was The Prowler!

2. The boat scene looks like a direct callback to the train scene in SM2, and Prowler being a white guy would not go over well. But maybe they made Prowler white and Shocker black? I've seen a set picture with Bokeem Woodbine dressed very Shocker-y.

And that said, the new beats this movie is hitting (an actually young Peter, High School, the Stark/Parker relationship, Peter having a friend that isn't Harry Osborne) are awesome. 

...But I'm seeing a lot of familiar stuff. The boat scene is egregious. The quipping feels very Andrew Garfield (that may be more a compliment to ASM than a dig here).

...But I'm seeing a lot of familiar stuff. The boat scene is egregious. The quipping feels very Andrew Garfield (that may be more a compliment to ASM than a dig here).

the boat bothers me too, it's your classic Peter saves public transport except impractically set. A boat splitting in two just would tear him apart, it's just madness.

Looks fine. I've accepted that the MCU has no real intention to do a traditional Spider-Man and are opting with making him the sidekick of the Marvel Universe, so not a single thing in this necessarily surprised me. I like the costume, love the 70s Romita-ish color, the action looks good.

The one thing I object to is having "Ned Leeds" literally be Ganke and throwing him at Peter. Besides Peter Parker being a very solitary character by nature, that's straight up ripping away an incredibly integral element of Miles Morales. That sucks, and I hope I can ignore it enough to get through the film.

• 3 months later...