Episode 875

RSS

So I'm gonna be that asshole and attempt to clear up a few things as I'm going along the podcast, through no fault of Dan or anyone because Zero Hour really is the confusing mess he described it to be.

-Teenage Atom became part of the Teen Titans, which was the Dan Jurgens era of the team after the Wolfman/Perez/Arsenal Titans book ended. Team Titans was Deathwing, Terra, Mirage and those guys.

-Babs was shot in '88 and became Oracle by '89/'90 in the pages of Suicide Squad, where she appeared for a while along with John Ostrander's other books Firestorm and Manhunter. Batman #511 has the scene from the start of Zero Hour with Bruce and Tim running into the Babs Batgirl and makes a story out of it.

-IDK if Waid was on Flash by this point but I know that he was never meant to stay dead, just that the visualization of the Flash costume was supposed to call back to Crisis. But I believe Waid had Wally go through the speed force and return faster than ever. Bart wasn't meant to be the only speedster after Zero Hour.

-Like Batman #511, the best of the tie-ins had the heroes cross over with different versions. Robin #10 had Tim team up with Dick Grayson Robin, fat Cockney Alfred appeared in Shadow of the Bat, a dozen different version of Batman appeared in Superman: the Man of Steel, Pre-Crisis Superboy appeared in Superboy's title. The Team Titans appear for a brief scene and fight Superman, Nightwing and the Titans. Like Blackest Night, stuff like that proliferated the tie-ins but wasn't concentrated on in the main series.

You should go and pick up the second trade paperback of JSA, where the JSA fights Extant and they get revenge for what he did in Zero Hour. Then pick up Vol. 9 as it is a good follow up to that, especially with Hourman's story. I love the Goldene Age Hourman and his interactions with his son.

Now, I would recommend picking up all of the trade paperbacks in that JSA volume (as I did over the course of several years) because I absolutely love the Justice Society. Legacy heroes have a special appeal to me, especially when mixed with legends. Every now and then I read through the entire 12 volumes because it's so great.

You should go and pick up the second trade paperback of JSA, where the JSA fights Extant and they get revenge for what he did in Zero Hour. Then pick up Vol. 9 as it is a good follow up to that, especially with Hourman's story. I love the Goldene Age Hourman and his interactions with his son.

Now, I would recommend picking up all of the trade paperbacks in that JSA volume (as I did over the course of several years) because I absolutely love the Justice Society. Legacy heroes have a special appeal to me, especially when mixed with legends. Every now and then I read through the entire 12 volumes because it's so great.

Is that the Geoff Johns series? I read that when it first came out for a year or so.

Is that the Geoff Johns series? I read that when it first came out for a year or so.

That's the one. I have all 12 trades from before Infinite Crisis and several trades from after Infinite Crisis. It doesn't really pick up until Volume 3, The Return of Hawkman.