Episode 463

RSS

This week Dread Media presents a feature-length conversation with cult filmmaker David DeCoteau. David's career began in the very early 80s working for Roger Corman, then with Charles Band, and continues to pump out B-Movies to this day. The interview discusses his career beginnings to the modern-day with a focus on the brand new Blu-ray release of his classic Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama. To continue the theme, Desmond also reviews issue 11 of Delirium magazine. There are, of course, songs: "Take the Skinheads Bowling" by Manic Street Preachers, an excerpt from "Here in the Darkness" by Greg Stone, "Masked by Delirium" by Municipal Waste, and "The Absolute Center of a Pitch Black Heart" by -(16)-. [ 1:16:10 || 36.8 MB ]

Interesting interview. Among other things, I've been mispronouncing his name for years so whoops there. More to the point, I can't fault him at all for how excited he sounds about film making. Some of my quibbles with his most recent films still stand (namely the 1313 series) but it was still great hearing about his older work.

Interesting interview. Among other things, I've been mispronouncing his name for years so whoops there. More to the point, I can't fault him at all for how excited he sounds about film making. Some of my quibbles with his most recent films still stand (namely the 1313 series) but it was still great hearing about his older work.

Yeah, I would have gone with Duh-Caw-Toe in the french sense without having heard him pronounce it otherwise.