Castlevania:Dawn of Sorrow

Mr. Keith

This week will see the release of the one few DS games I've pretty much guarenteed myself that I will own. I've been a big fan of all three of the previous GBA Castlevania games and I'm really excited that Konami has finally decided to release yet another sequel on a hand held system. And the fact that it's a direct sequel to the Aria of Sorrow game. :OMG: This should be an awesome game.

Anyone else thinking about picking this one up?

Well, since I've seen nothing but glowing reviews for the handheld Castlevania games, you think I would hahve picked up one of them by now. Maybe I'll give this one a try, I'd be nice to have something more than my "Advance Wars machine."

I have a question for the veterans of the series, though, would I have trouble picking up storyline at all, or are they serve as stand-alone games?

Nah, it shouldn't be a problem. You might spoil yourself of an interesting twist you discover at the end of AoS if you were to ever get into the game and attempt at getting the good ending, but it's the same basic story as every other Castlevania game out there. Search for Dracula inside his castle and try to stop him.

I definatly can't wait. I think side scrollers are great, especially Metroid and Castlevania games. They are starting to die out, with the handheld systems starting to go to 3-D enviroments. So I'll be getting this one right after school tomorrow, and hopefully it wont be the last.

I definatly can't wait.  I think side scrollers are great, especially Metroid and Castlevania games.  They are starting to die out, with the handheld systems starting to go to 3-D enviroments.  So I'll be getting this one right after school tomorrow, and hopefully it wont be the last.

No kiddin'. I really hope that a new 2-D Metroid game is going to come along for the DS, instead of keeping with the cruddy "Hunters" type of play. I'd be a damn shame for these series, which despite remaining in two dimensions, have remained fresh, brilliant games, were to die out.

Yeah, after getting the newest EGM, I've decided to pick up this incarnation of Castlevania in the near future.

There's still some other side scrollers coming out. I read on IGN that a sequel to Castlevania has pretty much been guarenteed for the DS, as well as a side scrolling Mario and Viewtiful Joe game later down the road. I'm sure there are others, I just can't remember them.

And yes, I'd kill for another side scrolling Metroid game. :yes: