Sign in to follow this  
dc20willsave

Runaways

It looks like a Youtube series.

I mean, I don't know where you're getting that from the most generic group shot for a TV show ever, but if so that's good because kids don't watch TV. They watch Youtube.

I mean, I don't know where you're getting that from the most generic group shot for a TV show ever, but if so that's good because kids don't watch TV. They watch Youtube.

Because it's a generic shot of multi ethnic teens that nobody has ever heard of. Just like any Youtube series made by Fine Brothers or any number of other groups on Youtube. 

Because it's a generic shot of multi ethnic teens that nobody has ever heard of. Just like any Youtube series made by Fine Brothers or any number of other groups on Youtube. 

I'm saying that group shot has been used ad nauseum long before Youtube existed.

That looks, page for page, like the original run of the comics. Not a step out of place so far. But Hulu? Awwwggh

It wasn't until the last 10 minutes of episode three that it clicked for me, but I liked some aspects before those concluding moments. The kids are great -- especially Nico, Molly, and Gert -- and I'm somewhat interested to see how the affair between two of the Pride members plays out. Tina and the Yorkes were good, too. But there are some very rough patches dialogue wise, especially from the adult actors.

I'm conflicted about the new episode. I'm happy because the story is moving along and is actually interesting.

Spoiler

I don't know how they are portrayed in the comic, but most of the parents aren't actually evil. They were tricked into participating. 

The thing I don't like is that it went into full soap opera mode with who likes who. Also, the show is called The Runaways, so do they ever actually run away? 

2 hours ago, JackFetch said:

I'm conflicted about the new episode. I'm happy because the story is moving along and is actually interesting.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know how they are portrayed in the comic, but most of the parents aren't actually evil. They were tricked into participating. 

The thing I don't like is that it went into full soap opera mode with who likes who. Also, the show is called The Runaways, so do they ever actually run away? 

Spoiler

As far as I read in the comic, which was the first several trades that went up to one of the characters dying, the parents were always just plain evil.