Wolverine cartoon in 2007

Missy

Animated Wolverine Series in the Works

Variety reports that Marvel Entertainment has teamed with Indian animation company First Serve Toonz to produce an animated X-Men series centered on Wolverine.

Marvel Studios chair-CEO Avi Arad and FST chief executive Ed Borgerding will announce the project today, during this year's Mipcom TV mart.

The companies are set to produce 26 episodes, which will be available for distribution in 2007.

The announcement follows last year's news that Marvel and French animator Antefilms Productions had partnered on a Fantastic Four animated show available next fall.

Marvel will oversee domestic distribution; FST will handle international and DVD sales.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is tré cool, but it'd be nice if for once one of Marvel's animated series' would last a little longer than they do. It seems that just as you're really getting into something like X-Men Evolution, they pull the plug and focus on the next movie-hyped comic. It's such a shame what happened to the Silver Surfer series.

• 2 years later...

Script and concept-wise this is good stuff, a real departure from the old concept of an X-men series. My problem is with some of the character design and animation. In some places its designed as a very adult show, but in execution it still feels like a kids show. Its not at home with itself like Evolution or the DCAU. That being said I'm definitly watching this, its got some plot ideas that are downright graphic novelish.

I actually like the sort of role Wolverine has here. When he's the violent anti-hero I'm less of a fan, but when he is forced to grow up and take reponsibility for himself and others he's a much stronger character, and thats what I'm getting from this. Wolverine actually stepping up and taking care of his people rather than just running off and slicing people up. Not that Enemy of the State and Agent of Shield wasn't a fun arc, its just that it maxed me out on Wolverine slaughter for a long while.

For me, the only part of the trailer I didn't like was the music. Something about it didn't blend well with the clips. Instead of looking like a studio-produced trailer it came off like a poorly produced AMV. (I'm not knocking all AMVs, just the "poorly produced" ones.)

It looks like X-Men Evolution with even worse character design.

That was the first thing that popped into my mind. The second was, what the hell is up with Storm's hair?

Back when there was talk of an X-Men film in grade school (rumors of Eastwood as Wolvie, Arnie as Colossus and best of all: Tina Turner as Storm! This film has it!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...