Sign in to follow this  
You Know Who

Favorite/Best: Joe Johnston

Favorite/Best: Joe Johnston  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rocketeer for best and probably favorite as well.

Next, Captain America, Jumanji, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, and Jurassic Park III dead last for both favorite and best.

I saw October Sky ages ago, but don't remember enough to rank it.

Hard to beat Rocketeer for my favorite, but there's no doubt in my mind Honey i Shrunk the Kids is his best. They should have got him to direct Ant-Man because he had a handle on that shit.

I might have to give that another shot. The practical effects were awesome, but it otherwise bored the crap out of me. Not infuriating like Jurassic Park III though.

Of the few I've seen, I align with Des. While The Rocketeer is hands down my favorite, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is his best as it holds up on every level. The effects are great, the shrink ray looks perfectly homemade by a mad scientist, the parental drama is palpable, the kids are actually really good actors, each kid has age-appropriate drama and reactions, and the horror of the situation does make the heart pound. It's a movie I can toss in at almost any time and enjoy.