Sign in to follow this  
The Master

Every comic you've read in 2018

Infidel #1: holy shit, this is great.

Justice League of America #26: not how I expected this to go, but a solid end to this arc.

Marvel Two-In-One #4: this is awesome. Really awesome ending too. This is the kind of FF shit I want to see!

Mister Miracle #7: so great.

New Mutants Dead Souls #1: terrible.

Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe #3: I like this, but is the web series, just going to be...this? If so, why are they releasing this at all, let alone before the web series comes out.

Old Man Logan #36: still really good.

Peek a Boo #1: this was a fun first issue. Art is inconsistent, great at times, seemingly rushed at others. I like it though.

Pumpkinhead #2: this is fun.

Red Hood and the Outlaws #20: liking this.

Secret Weapons Owen's Story #0: Holy shit. This was a perfect oneshot. Beautifully told story.

Sideways #2: I'm half interested in this and half put off. I don't like a character within the DC Universe referring to another character being "like something out of a Jack Kirby comic book." That bugs me.

Suicide Squad #37: awesome.

Punisher #222: fucking great.

VS #2: this was ok. Not sure if I'll read another. 

Comics: 733

Trades: 21

Graphic Novels: 9

Omnibus: 10

On 7/11/2018 at 10:29 AM, The Master said:

The Flash #50: HE'S BACK, BABY!

dancer.gif

W00T!

The Amazing Spider-Man #1 (2018): Just read it. I actually enjoyed it.

This, to me, feels more like the ACTUAL Parker luck. I.E. Peter's life is messed up because he's Spider-Man, not because he's innately a loser. We're (as readers) with Peter the whole time, and he's more appropriately melancholy than Slott's Peter was. It's not a gag comic, it feels like Spider-Man.

And characters like Robbie and Aunt May aren't hating him as much. The Marvel heroes are annoyed at him, but we've seen worse. And he takes down Mysterio and saves the city in one punch.

I'd give this a solid B. Peter being down on his luck is old news, but the execution is much more up my alley.

Superman #1: Weird book. Felt like it ended out of nowhere. I love that J'onn wants Superman to do more and be better.

X-23 #1: Honey Badger is the best. Also, nice nod to HB's future Wolverine suit from Old Woman Laura.

Old Man Logan #43: Having not read their previous encounter, I felt a little lost, but it was till an okay read.

Plastic Man #2: Fun book.